Chapala.com Webboard
geeser

Internet outage only 3 hours says Telmex

Telmex claims that the internet was only down 3 hours and blames it on Fiber optic breach in Mazatlan and the supposed fact that the internet was down in the USA as well. It is unwise to use up 2 excuses on one service interruption. Just use one each time.

Story here

It is still not working well. Facebook also not working very well.

Telmex--in my experience--has never been known for telling the truth.  "When will the tech arrive to install my internet?"  "He'll be there within the hour."

Hey folks! It's the rainy season... No more complaints por favor...

3 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

Hey folks! It's the rainy season... No more complaints por favor...

The rainy season causes country wide outages?

Yes this morning it is raining and as often happens during the rain, my Telmex internet was down. It is working normally now though.. Like rvanparys said, during the rainy season the internet often goes out for a short period.

This is very different than the 3 hour outage that hit most of the country posted about above.

For us, TelMex internet while certainly not the speediest has been by far the most reliable service we've had since arriving here and it has steadily, if slowly, improved.  I realize this is not everyone's experience.

Used to be that our local TelMex office would set up a desk by the front door, during the rainy season, for the sole purpose of trading modems. This was in response to the huge increase in complaints during the rainy.

Has anyone been to TelMex lately to exchange a modem? Because in January, the started insisting that you would have to get a "report" number from Mexico City before allowing an exchange. Many people have told me, and yet some have apparently been able to make an exchange without this report #. I am curious to see if the policy has changed, or if they have set up that desk... I have no desire to personally deal with the minions at that office unless I have to.