Chapala.com Webboard

Internet outage only 3 hours says Telmex

geeser

Yes this morning it is raining and as often happens during the rain, my Telmex internet was down. It is working normally now though.. Like rvanparys said, during the rainy season the internet often goes out for a short period.

This is very different than the 3 hour outage that hit most of the country posted about above.

Used to be that our local TelMex office would set up a desk by the front door, during the rainy season, for the sole purpose of trading modems. This was in response to the huge increase in complaints during the rainy.

Has anyone been to TelMex lately to exchange a modem? Because in January, the started insisting that you would have to get a "report" number from Mexico City before allowing an exchange. Many people have told me, and yet some have apparently been able to make an exchange without this report #. I am curious to see if the policy has changed, or if they have set up that desk... I have no desire to personally deal with the minions at that office unless I have to.

Archived