Chapala.com Webboard

gardener needed

vivien

+52 (33) 2233 5624. Rene, the gardener does yard work for me twice a week in Upper Chula Vista. Hardworking , respectful, polite and strong . Not English speaking though .

Garden Service in Riberas. 333 901 9766 They own the nursery next to Telecable. Ask for Raquel. She speaks English. She works with her brothers and other family members.

Very happy with their work.

6 hours ago, gogirl said:

Garden Service in Riberas. 333 901 9766 They own the nursery next to Telecable. Ask for Raquel. She speaks English. She works with her brothers and other family members.

Very happy with their work.

We gave used them and have recommended them. However, we have been asking them to come back and they seem too busy. If you have any luck, please let me know so I can stop looking for another. We have a full time gardener but need occasional supplementation.

16 hours ago, nothernewbie said:

We gave used them and have recommended them. However, we have been asking them to come back and they seem too busy. If you have any luck, please let me know so I can stop looking for another. We have a full time gardener but need occasional supplementation.

We also have a gardener but Raquel and her help come twice a month to do everything my gardener doesn't. Stop by the nursery if you can't get her on the phone.

8 hours ago, gogirl said:

We also have a gardener but Raquel and her help come twice a month to do everything my gardener doesn't. Stop by the nursery if you can't get her on the phone.

Been there twice now but, with your encouragement, will try again. Maybe the trick is to schedule them regularly. What sort of things do they do each month?

10 hours ago, nothernewbie said:

In my experience most gardeners are not horticulturists. Occasionally we need someone with more skill.

I agree with this. 

13 hours ago, nothernewbie said:

Been there twice now but, with your encouragement, will try again. Maybe the trick is to schedule them regularly. What sort of things do they do each month?

northernewbie, I have more of an English cottage garden so everything is quite close together. When Raquel and her service come they thin out plants, remove anything that has died or is doing poorly, transplant when needed and put in new plants if needed. They also dead-head but I always have to do it in between visits. They also fertilize and spray on a schedule so not every time. If you want to come over when they are here you are welcome to do so.

4 hours ago, vivien said:

I had three broken appointments with Raquel. Finally she admitted that it would be better for me to look elsewhere for help.

I saw Raquel the other day. She promises to call next week and stop by. I told her that we want to establish a regular schedule with them. Guess we will see. Always sad to see talented people unable to meet the demand. Pretty soon they might not be too busy.

My gardener's name is Otilio Leal. He's nice, speaks English well and works with his brother. They come to my home in La Canacinta just west of Ajijic. They live in the area.

The phone number on his business card is 333-467-2366

Otilio lists the several kinds of work that he does. PM me and I will scan it and send it to you.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, ChapalaDan said:

My gardener's name is Otilio Leal. He's nice, speaks English well and works with his brother. They come to my home in La Canacinta just west of Ajijic. They live in the area.

The phone number on his business card is 333-467-2366

Otilio lists the several kinds of work that he does. PM me and I will scan it and send it to you.

I would be very grateful if you would provide me with any additional information about the type(list) of work this gardener provides/

My direct email address:  desfrutasuvida@yahoo.com

I am APACHE on this site.

Thanks ever so much.

ANN

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I have to give up the ghost on Raquel. So, I am looking for a substitute. That person would not be a gardener but rather someone with some real knowledge of plants. We could use on a regular basis fertilizing, trimming, deadheading, checking for problems that need attention before it is catastrophic, etc. It would also for that person to have some design skills but that is the least important skill needed.

• 3 weeks later...

At the risk of her becoming even busier and harder to schedule I am reporting on Raquel. She and her family - brother, sisters and mother have been working here recently and have make an otherwise very nice yard into something wonderful. I imagine every time they come it will be better and better. They are very talented and hard working ergo very busy. I am hoping to be on a regular schedule.

IMG_0202.thumb.JPG.431fea438eec6b61ffea689bc044f942.JPGgood morning everyone I'm just here offering my service, I just moved from California an I'm starting my own business here. I'd worked for 16 years in a landscape company as a irrigation tech and crew leader of gardeners. That picture is of my business I had in Cali. I would leave my number if anyone is interested you could contact me at 3314245332 my name is 

Juan Luis Castañeda 

thank you

Archived