Chapala.com Webboard

My Telmex Infinitum down

Since about 5:30 PM my Telmex infinitum internet has been down. Although all of the lights on my modem are yellow or green or good I can not connect to the internet with Infinitum whether I try with WiFi or with a cable from the modem to my laptop. I couldn't connect to infinitum using my smart phone either.

This is the first time all the lights are green or yellow blinking on and off that I don't have infinitum. Usually when I don't have internet , a light is not on or it is red. I wonder if I am the only person having problems or not.

Chances are that if you are having problems you wont be able to read this message unless you have a back up internet connection which in my case I do.

If some of you are having problems I would love to know that I am not the only one.

Edit:Just phoned a neighbor whose infinitum was down also

I have talked to 5 persons. All had the same symptoms. Also down is my telcel internet. All I have is Telecable and it is coming in at faster than I am paying for. I am paying for 5 down and here is what I am getting

6558770419.png

It came back here in upper Ajijic as well. Oh and the Chapala weather station came back at 8:03 PM and then bounced to 8:09 PM. I guess and hope things are back to normal showing normal times and just now Telmex is coming on and off.

It went off again. Oh well. hopefully all will be working Tuesday. have a great evening.

i thought it was only me, its happend before. reset modem, did all i could. the internet settings said it was working correctly, but the pages were blank. the mac man said in his opinion, it would not be fixed untill tomarrow. telmex had so many calls they put the phones off the hook. miracals do happen. we are not doomed.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Because the DSL and Internet lights stayed ON, apparently outage-wide, it means that the Internet was "getting through" but the Domain Name servers were not connecting.

It was more than a DNS outage. You could not get through with IP addresses (no domain lookup required) either.

My telcel has been acting up for a week. The eternet and internet green lights keep blinking. When they do that I can't get internet. Once in awhile the internet light is red. Yesterday I could not get internet all afternoon and evening. But working this morning.