Chapala.com Webboard

La Vie En Rose # 2 on Independencia in Ajijic

Bisbee Gal

Wow. I have no idea what is going on here. Is there actually a small group of people who have been targeted as unwelcome at a new restaurant because of their complaints at the former restaurant of the owners and they will be assessed a 30% service charge on their bill? Or was that a rather lame attempt at humor? At any rate this sort of snarky communication with the public is not a good marketing strategy for a new restaurant.

Gringal,

All of our patrons are guests and are treated as such. The staff received specific training to that end and employee who could not understand that concept did not last. Over two years, “4” served close to 10,000 dinners, delivering a great experience to its guests on and offsite. There was always a manager or one of the owner on site to resolve any issue(s). Covers for live music, special events and holydays, absolutely. 15% gratuity for groups of 5 or more, indeed. All these were duly noted at the entrance, on menus, on special menus, etc… Simple: the entire team treats guest the way they would want to be treated. That is the reason why waiters at “4” routinely have received very large tips (100% or more than the actual dinner tab).

At “4” many steps were taken to ensure accurate bills, restaurant software system, touch screens, cashiers controlled computerized tickets, security camera system, hidden camera, etc . . . Now mistakes are always possible and we were always more than glad to fix them, if and when someone brought it to management. So, can it be believe that a restaurant waiter, including at “4” would charge a 30% “service fee” (which does not exist), bypassing the software (with the manager password) and the cashier printer, and get away with it.  

It is simple. Either the entire “4” team was a bunch of low lifes  thieves, all in it, with the only intend to steal from its guests, or the poster with his 30% fee, is full of it. It is cut and dry.

The only thing we can do is to tell you that, what that poster claim could not have happened, and therefore belong to that little group.

We have always and continue to focus on giving our guests the best food, wine, entertainment for a great experience; La Vie en Rose will do exactly that with the Bakery, the Pastry shop and the breakfast currently being served. Gringal, you are welcome to come and see for yourself, what the new place is about. In doubt,  or if it is not written, fell free to ask your waiter any questions regarding prices, what is included, what is not. Finally, your bill should be accurate, but never hesitate to check your bill if you have a shadow of a doubt.

That is of course, unless you believe the poster from that little group to be truthful.

What a weird post.  Does anyone actually tip more than the amount of the bill?

I have no alterior motifs to trash a business or be "part of a small group" (whatever that means). 

It was two of us and I'm sharing my experience of restaurant 4. The other diner that was with me can tell you the same thing  

I should have kept the bill to show you but never thought I would encounter a business owner with such an aggressive and  rude attitude. 

Good luck in your new "business", you will need it.  

Then please explain this second post you have made about this "tiny group". Specifically, which tiny group, and what do you mean? We all took it to mean your high disdain for anyone who would dare complain.

A non-verified client, alleged to have been the victim of an attempted scam at “4”. Then the apparently disgruntled shopper doubles down and supposedly explains the alleged con, adding insult to injury, insinuating  that another business perpetrates a similar fraud.

The described attempted theft is not possible unless waiter, cashier and manager are all in on it (and who knows the owners too). So this person is not only accusing an entire business, its employees and owners of theft, but a second one as well.

In the meantime, someone must have died and made you King: since you decided for everyone that calling out a deceiver meant a “high disdain for anyone who would dare complain".

Next as the Judge, we did not fare much better as you ruled that a deceiver accusing a business of theft and slandering it, is a “potential customer”.

Sure you'll understand why we won't stick around, giving you obvious explanations as to who this tiny group is, while you slowly put your black hood on.

We'd rather spend our time wisely tonight and have a prayer, a thought for all those folks in Florida. Thanks.

Wow. I have no idea what is going on here. Is there actually a small group of people who have been targeted as unwelcome at a new restaurant because of their complaints at the former restaurant of the owners and they will be assessed a 30% service charge on their bill? Or was that a rather lame attempt at humor? At any rate this sort of snarky communication with the public is not a good marketing strategy for a new restaurant.

It is neither nor. Someone has posted on this thread that they were allegedly the victim of an attempted scam in the past.

However, this alleged scam could only have been perpetrated if everyone in the restaurant was involved (explained in another post if you are interested).

Basically, this amounts to slander the entire team as thieves. We cannot and will not stand for it, and in the end beg to differ. 

It is neither nor. Someone has posted on this thread that they were allegedly the victim of an attempted scam in the past.

However, this alleged scam could only have been perpetrated if everyone in the restaurant was involved (explained in another post if you are interested).

Basically, this amounts to slander the entire team as thieves. We cannot and will not stand for it, and in the end beg to differ. 

Do what you believe you need to do. This is not the way most people would choose to introduce the public to their new business. 

I have no alterior motifs to trash a business or be "part of a small group" (whatever that means). 

It was two of us and I'm sharing my experience of restaurant 4. The other diner that was with me can tell you the same thing  

I should have kept the bill to show you but never thought I would encounter a business owner with such an aggressive and  rude attitude. 

Good luck in your new "business", you will need it.  

The attitude is neither aggressive nor rude. But you thought you could post whatever tickled your fancy, start a rumor accusing our staff (and ourselves, why not) of attempting to steal from you . . . and you really thought we would roll over and die. You have a fitting username.

Luck is always good, but for sure, deceitful posts and devious intentions are not: You know exactly what kind of an individual you are and the tiny group you belong to.

Do what you believe you need to do. This is not the way most people would choose to introduce the public to their new business. 

Could not agree more, and this is not the way this place was introduced: we talk French Bread, Pastries, Macarons and Chocolate. Stop by, have a look at the garden (it's an ongoing thing), try something if you so desire, and make your own opinion.

Ianos, i don't usually post on something like this but your series of responses are really quite unnecessary.  You could simply have said one person made a complaint (re the 30% surcharge) and you are sorry, and can't fathom how that could have happened, and there had probably been an error.  It really isn't slander.  One individual had a bad experience.  My god, you're a restaurant owner, and there is no need to blast an unhappy customer.  Why become so defensive?  Let it go.  Given our population, only a small percentage read the web board but word gets out.  Look, you're beginning a brand new endeavor.... a brand new restaurant in an area that has many many eating establishments and competition is fierce.  Just let it slide off your back, and be gracious.  Truthfully, I don't understand your attitude based on your posts on this thread.

Also, many of us have received a few emails from Gabi, over the past several months, and 4 was mentioned when La Vie en Rose was starting up.  Many including me were a bit confused.

In the meantime, someone must have died and made you King: since you decided for everyone that calling out a deceiver meant a “high disdain for anyone who would dare complain".

No one died. As far as you are concerned, I am king.

Ianos, i don't usually post on something like this but your series of responses are really quite unnecessary.  You could simply have said one person made a complaint (re the 30% surcharge) and you are sorry, and can't fathom how that could have happened, and there had probably been an error.  It really isn't slander.  One individual had a bad experience.  My god, you're a restaurant owner, and there is no need to blast an unhappy customer.  Why become so defensive?  Let it go.  Given our population, only a small percentage read the web board but word gets out.  Look, you're beginning a brand new endeavor.... a brand new restaurant in an area that has many many eating establishments and competition is fierce.  Just let it slide off your back, and be gracious.  Truthfully, I don't understand your attitude based on your posts on this thread.

Also, many of us have received a few emails from Gabi, over the past several months, and 4 was mentioned when La Vie en Rose was starting up.  Many including me were a bit confused.

Kookielendmeyou. You are entirely right, thank you for your constructive criticism. It is quite helpful: as long as one gets to think, learn and improve, it’s all good. The entire team is passionate about what we do and all we want is to meet our guest’s expectations and to offer a great experience for all. If we do something wrong, which does happen, we have and will always try to fix it, with the very best of intentions.

Again, you asked the right question: Why get all riled up about a deceitful post?

I guess because it’s all about Honesty and Integrity. We MUST have both, or we have no business to speak of, restaurant or otherwise.

For that reason, I disagree with you about being slander. But I will head your wise advice and let it go. I guess it will be a first step towards being gracious when confronted with it. 

Thank you for taking the time to write something inspiring and of real value.

BTW, sorry about any confusions, but it was cleared up on several previous posts.

Have a pleasant day.

Ianos, my turn now, with each of your progressive post of yours you are just sounding more and more like a narcissistic jackass.  Do yourself a favor and Netflix and chill.

when Jan(?) opened 4 we loved it and went often.  Once she became less involved we lost interest.

I am thinking that in this case, the less said would have been better.  I found that my enthusiasm level dropped as the postings went on...and on.  After a while, I quit caring who was telling lies.  I'll wait to try the place after they have lunch and dinner,  and after some other folks do the trying and report back.B)

Archived