Chapala.com Webboard

Mantle Clock Repair

Does anyone know of a clock repairman in this area?  Guadalajara?   It seems center of one of the cogs finally wore itself  into where it attached to the frame.  It is a Seth Thomas and belonged my  grandparents.  Would really like to get it going again.   I used the guy in Chapala several  years ago near the bus station but have found out that he died.   

That guy by the bus station wasn't the greatest but he was close.  I found this one in Guadalajara. An old fashioned, well established clock shop.  
Lama Relojeria
Pavo # 121
Guadalajara,
36 13 32
View user profile Send private message

Corner of Morelos/16 Septiembre, yellow storefront,  Ajijic, don't be fooled by the messy shop. He took apart my Westminster antique clock, cleaned every oxidized part, got the chimes going -- all in very short time-span. He knows his work.

I wholeheartedly agree with tzevi.  We had a very expensive antique clock fixed by them as well as gold watches.   Sergio and Rene'  speak English. Don't go until around 11:00 in the morning, or a little later, just to be sure they are open.

3 hours ago, tzevi said:

Corner of Morelos/16 Septiembre, yellow storefront,  Ajijic, don't be fooled by the messy shop. He took apart my Westminster antique clock, cleaned every oxidized part, got the chimes going -- all in very short time-span. He knows his work.

I wouldn't let that guy fix my cheapest wrist watch. He is incompetent. 

On 8/21/2017 at 2:19 PM, cedros said:

I wouldn't let that guy fix my cheapest wrist watch. He is incompetent. 

Hmmmm......... pretty complex mechanism in a genuine antique clock of considerable value..... takes a delicate hand,  intricate knowledge and skill to undertake such repair.

Wondering about your experience and how incompetence could possibly be concluded. FYI, he can also do camera repairs.

Archived