Chapala.com Webboard

TEAMWORK to help emancipated sweet female/mom dog

We live in a gated community, but somehow a very thin/bones showing female dog entered.

It is quite obvious that she needs to go to the vet to be treated for all and spayed. 

He would probably hold onto her for only a couple of days.

I cannot bring this dog in with my dogs, for we have gotten past health issues, and this is not

a pooch that you should expose to other dogs AT THIS STAGE.  

Otherwise, she is sweet timid and craving comforting, and a safe recovery while putting weight on for a week.

I will foot the bill if so. 

Can anyone house this dog while she recovers from being spayed, and help her (with my providing food)IMG_3131.thumb.JPG.f4fe7bb8616d2df5bebecf4dd4b7241b.JPG 

IMG_3130.thumb.JPG.9814d9d1d5426b667a30289fdbb1f532.JPGto put a bit of weight and h bones?

IMG_3132.JPG

PORTIMOM,,,Great idea for the scared little girl. I completely understand and will be willing to help share the cost with you. We also picked up an abandoned little girl mix off the Chapala Malecon 3+ weeks ago..Even thinner and more timid than your girl. We were finally able to lure her close with food scraps and put her on a leash. Off to the Vet to be examined, 6-8 months old, had her spayed, vaccinations, wormed and dew claws removed..Brought her into our home, made her meals, bathed and socialized her..She has turned out to be a beauty, well behaved,and smarter than many people we know..It is amazing what a great dog they can turn into with a little love and care.. Here she is now, what a change, iust wish I had photo's when we got her.

GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1hY2MANi01YjBlLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAAzlG19nC0btEogB%2F2qPfDEkHAOingGhFRQBiSaVg9Bsf6cpkAAACAQwAAADop4BoRUUAYkmlYPQbH%2BnKZAAAAPrIJPIAAAABEgAQAGePh9zjuuNIv2VYu%2FZbTyM%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=NMoDc_H1vEyNuTWjAgOuPkDj71-_6NQYhIvo06crgnSuuMVZoT2Zi6dL6ydcR5qnOHZOgBGTJT0.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.TPMdaM-JYaDj5TFrQVuv1K0P24357mxVqqcsp1UY0ViYVq6BW4QON6O5M7D0YEX5aXLEI1A6i-Q9hxUdJiW4FvAjaKbV0zWe-zGg4sCLrrYuVdvhROscMt-IVsDV8g7zL0ewma5_mC7D4YwXFwU2pHTqdRNaCddCWbow1iAPjpQMbm8EOKueFXCFqKJBHEU74NY9OaS-eyQvBA_5oRoudaYdlsw0VE4l0pIfD5r1a5yymUHngjzkQTUWPskDtw8Ib1W4JEtSH6uZjx3GCfrUtMunXQmrfDw0I09j0NqFj4BRqep5mqje9WJO670C3gpjHSdFyBJertad6kNJmqL--w&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1&isImagePreview=True

4 minutes ago, Tomas said:

PORTIMOM,,,Great idea for the scared little girl. I completely understand and will be willing to help share the cost with you. We also picked up an abandoned little girl mix off the Chapala Malecon 3+ weeks ago..Even thinner and more timid than your girl. We were finally able to lure her close with food scraps and put her on a leash. Off to the Vet to be examined, 6-8 months old, had her spayed, vaccinations, wormed and dew claws removed..Brought her into our home, made her meals, bathed and socialized her..She has turned out to be a beauty, well behaved,and smarter than many people we know..It is amazing what a great dog they can turn into with a little love and care.. Here she is now, what a change, iust wish I had photo's when we got her.

Photo didn't come through, but thanks for the sweet news of your girl.  First to get her to the vet.  Thanks for your great story!

This dog now has a vet appointment, and she will be completely free of any parasites and spayed. 

She was so afraid, thin and almost too weak to eat.  Even though afraid, there is not a snip or growl out of her.

She let us carry her and I was even allowed to touch her bones (what dog doesn't like a meaty bone).

When the person whom volunteered to have her heal in an isolation section of her place came... She came with 

other dogs int he car, and this dog just layed down on the back seat, clearly afraid but not hostile at all to the other

dogs which were more than a bit curious about her. 

What a gentle soul.  Her story has just begun.  I will make an adoption post soon.  

On 8/21/2017 at 2:52 PM, PORTIMOM said:

This dog now has a vet appointment, and she will be completely free of any parasites and spayed. 

She was so afraid, thin and almost too weak to eat.  Even though afraid, there is not a snip or growl out of her.

She let us carry her and I was even allowed to touch her bones.

When the person whom volunteered to have her heal in an isolation section of her place came... She came with 

other dogs int he car, and this dog just layed down on the back seat, clearly afraid but not hostile at all to the other

dogs which were more than a bit curious about her. 

What a gentle soul.  Her story has just begun.  I will make an adoption post soon.  

You truly are an angel - thank you for helping this poor creature.  I love our community - we are an amazing group of animal lovers - proud!

Thanks but I could not have done this by myself. I did just a little.  That is all one has to do sometimes to help.  A wonderful person stepped in to permit her a safe haven & help for her recovery.  I could not have carried her on my own, and yet another person helped with that.

The person who picked her up to take her to the Vet, believes that she may have been abandoned after becoming pregnant. 

I have seen a lot of negativity towards animals since moving here.  What I have noticed is, the more hostility toward animals shown, the more some very special people double their efforts to step up for those animals.  Those are the people I admire.  That is what I try to strive for in helping out no matter how little.  Yes, there are an amazing group of animal lovers in our community!  The spay and neuter programs are wonderful as well.

Archived