Chapala.com Webboard

gyms/trainers/massage/PT/massage

Clinica de Rehabilitacion Integral - Dra Justina Jimenez Lopez does all kinds of physical therapy for many different issues. I believe they also have a massage therapist. In west Ajijic on the lateral close to Marble & Granite, Aztec Studios and Dental Express 376-766-5563; physiotherapy sessions +/- 1 hour $350 pesos. Not sure the massage cost or type. English speaking.

The best physiotherapist in my opinion is Jorge Ulloha. His clinic is in Riberas close to Mom's restaurant in a small plaza. 

He speaks perfect English and offers professional service. I would rate his service better than a north of the border clinic  

As for personal trainers, I have only met one that was qualified and he moved away (Esli). The guy was truly great. I have tried several others from gym trainers and people that come to your house and they have not been knowledgable to train other people in my opinion. 

For massages I would recommend the Total body care spa in Ajijic Centro. It's on ocampo I think. Nothing fancy but they have good prices and are professional. They speak English too. 

For an excellent massage, go to Lili who comes from Guadalajara to the Hotel Perico on the Libramiento on Fri-Sat-Sun. She is an orthopedic surgeon who got glaucoma so can no longer do surgery, but she gives an awesome massage. 400 pesos for an hour. You can get your first appointment by contacting the hotel office.

We are lucky to have River (Rio) Norela as a local personal trainer. She comes to the house, works with you at whatever level of exercise and training that you need. Will also work with you at your gym. River has something like 20 years experience.

This area is limited on trainers who work at gyms. They aren't the professional trainers that you're used to in the North.

Current contact info: 045 331 462 8362 best number

home   766 4126

Great info.  I have used the services of Jorge Ulloah for many years. He is by far the best here, in my opinion.  I suffer with severe spinal stenosis and without Jorge's bi-weekly treatments, I'd be heading for surgery.   Jorge has an assistant now, his name is Angel - he is excellent as well and will work with you to design a program if you wish at a local gym.  I am glad to hear about River, thanks for the info.

There is a good Physical Therapist practice behind the Ajijic hospital clinic on north side of Carretera,  slightly west of Multiva bank - I found it thru this web forum so suggest you do a search.  

Drishti Centre for yoga and pilates - look for my recent posting on this.

I also recall someone recommending Pepe as very good massotherapist who will come to your home  - again search this forum (I did not contact him so cannot recommend personally)

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2017 at 3:52 PM, feewee said:

There is a good Physical Therapist practice behind the Ajijic hospital clinic on north side of Carretera,  slightly west of Multiva bank - I found it thru this web forum so suggest you do a search.  

Drishti Centre for yoga and pilates - look for my recent posting on this.

I also recall someone recommending Pepe as very good massotherapist who will come to your home  - again search this forum (I did not contact him so cannot recommend personally)

I've tried the PT behind the AJIJIC Clinic where the cost was $100 pesos less and young girls who knew crap. Came in with lower back pain and MRI, left with severe hip pain and 3 burn spots on my back from the electric therapy machine. Then went to Jorge Ulloa Palma, and thru massage and P.T. I avoided the recomended surgery . 766-0395 cel 333-109-0642. You need to be willing to work with him as he works with you for needed results and good health.

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2017 at 12:37 PM, Guiness said:

Great info.  I have used the services of Jorge Ulloah for many years. He is by far the best here, in my opinion.  I suffer with severe spinal stenosis and without Jorge's bi-weekly treatments, I'd be heading for surgery.   Jorge has an assistant now, his name is Angel - he is excellent as well and will work with you to design a program if you wish at a local gym.  I am glad to hear about River, thanks for the info.

do you have contact info?

Archived