Chapala.com Webboard

Volcanic Rock (crushed) for gardening purposes

Arroyos

Just now, Arroyos said:

Does anyone know where you can buy at Lakeside, small amounts of crushed volcanic rock for gardening purposes?  Thanks.

It is called Jal & I buy from Jara Hardware on the lateral north of the Carretera , west of Revolution(Tianguis St).  Wash it first to get the fine dust out.  That dust will act like cement.

6 minutes ago, Arroyos said:

Does anyone know where you can buy at Lakeside, small amounts of crushed volcanic rock for gardening purposes?  Thanks.

There is a place across the carretera from S&S (maybe a little west of it) that has a sign advertising "PERLITE".  This is for gardening as well as other uses.  If it's good quality, it won't be just a mass of dust.

18 hours ago, Alfa said:

I thinik the place Gringal is referring to is on the mountainside of the street. I have bought from them several times. Bring a bucket or bag with you.

Nope.  It's on the Lake side.   You may know of another source.  I drove by today and noticed the "Perlite" sign wasn't where it was last week, but the store sells fertilizers and is almost directly across from the "Mr. Hammer" thrift store.

PROBLEM SOLVED - I FOUND IT.  Someone on Facebook told me where a place was on the Carretera just east of Mirasol on the mountainside.  Just went there this morning and bought some.  You do have to take your own bag or container, otherwise they have nothing to put it in for you.  Fortunately there was a garden store across the street that sold me a couple of bags.

Archived