Chapala.com Webboard

Update on Alarm System

hensley

Here is our story, we are armed with some peace of mind I hope!

There have been 9 burglaries in our area so they are hitting hard here.

We emailed and called the company that was highly recommended in Guadalajara our neighbors have had them for 12 years, no response, when we called they said we had to email.

#2 we went to SOSE and set an appt. they came a day later with only a Spanish speaker which was ok and 1/2 way through an English speaker came to translate which we didn't need. They said they would send an estimate in 2 hours it arrive 1 week later. Expensive, 3 different quotes.

#3 we made an appt. with Edgardo at Smart Home at Centro Laguna, he was prompt, answered our calls and emails but his prices were a little higher.

#4 we went with Carlos Gonzales he came recommended from people in Vista del Lago, he has done many homes there, he has been prompt with emails and phone and text, but he has been having some trouble with getting all the equipment from his company in Guadalajara. He was a little bit lower after we switched what we wanted around a bit, he really worked with us.

So what we ended up getting is the expensive, industrial outside motion detectors, (we want to stop them from getting in) inside, we have motion detectors, inside keypad and remotes, and a siren, we are still waiting on the equipment that will text us when the alarm goes off.

Carlos' contact if anyone wants it is:

SSIA is the company

331-304-1187

charliepes@hotmail.com

He also does Garage door openers, Intercoms, Video doorbells, Automatic barriers, Control access, cameras, electric fence, and more.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is our story, we are armed with some peace of mind I hope!

There have been 9 burglaries in our area so they are hitting hard here.

Thanks for this information.  It came in very handy today.  Our car was skillfully opened and all gate and garage changers swiped. That is the short version, but they do know where we live.  

Carlos came right out and wiped out our garage opener codes.  He will return Monday with a new clicker.  The clicker will be useless to the thief.  He will also at that time, program my car to open the garage door without a clicker.  Sharp guy, punctual: On a Saturday or any day for that matter that is excellent response.   

I would say in general take your remote gate openers with you or hide them or better yet, have this guy program your car to open gate without a clicker!  Seems I am hearing of an increase in theft in the area.   I even heard of a strong arm gun robbery that took place 10 days ago on Lazaro Cardenas, when a garage door was opened while they waited for a cab. 

Who was waiting for the cab?

One of the occupants of that household was waiting for a taxi to come by and left the yard/driveway door open.  Men rushed in with guns.

Archived