Chapala.com Webboard

Gringo Anxiety

pappysmarket

Bodie Kellog has another humorous column in Mexico News Daily.

i.e., testing a lightbulb before you buy it, etc.  Worth a read.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/gringo-anxiety-part-of-adapting-to-life-in-mx/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=0846e5893e-august+12&utm_medium=email&utm_term

Maybe his humor isn't for everyone, but almost every one of his columns touches on something we have experienced in our 15 years in Mexico. Wish I could express it like he does.

Years ago, we returned some non-functioning outdoor light fixtures to Home Depot.  No problemo getting a store credit after we explained they did not work.  We went to the lighting department to look for replacement items and 5 minutes later we watched them put our returned defective merchandise back on the shelves.  

1 hour ago, gringal said:

Then, there's the car horn behind you that starts up two seconds after your light turns green, even though there's a woman and three kids still crossing the street.  Newbie from L.A. no doubt? :rolleyes:

Loved Bodie's article. 

What about your husband driving down the road yesterday with the horn honking all the way down the highway?

1 hour ago, hensley said:

What about your husband driving down the road yesterday with the horn honking all the way down the highway?

Oh, that was fun.  We were headed to the Malecon to take a walk and when he opened the door to get out, the horn started and NOTHING stopped it.  So, he headed home, dropped me off and he took off to Escalera, where they found the cause and fixed it.  Always nice to be recognized and have an audience to tell the tale, though. Thanks so much!  Blush.  :o

P.S.  Our horn is never deliberately honked at other drivers except in emergencies. 

Archived