Chapala.com Webboard

Guidance needed on paying my CFE bill

Lexy

I have a new problem. The latest bill showing on line has no bar code on it, but all other info is there including the current amount to pay.

Has the bill changed in design and dropped the bar code?  Can I take this bill to OXXO to pay it?

Help, please.

Lexy

6 minutes ago, ibarra said:

CFE in Chapala is an option. Just need to key in your account number in one of the two automated machines in the lobby.

Or bring an old bill with a bar code. Once it reads the bar code it will show current bill.

17 minutes ago, Lexy said:

I have a new problem. The latest bill showing on line has no bar code on it, but all other info is there including the current amount to pay.

Has the bill changed in design and dropped the bar code?  Can I take this bill to OXXO to pay it?

Help, please.

Lexy

My July bill, due today, shows the bar code online.  

Are you sure you looked at the correct display? Down the left of the page, look for ESTADOS DE CUENTA and click on PDF for the current month. That will open a useable, printable bill with barcode. The login page just shows you an approximation of the bill, with the balance.

And if you check ENVIO CFEMAIL, up on the main part of the login page, they will send you a link to automatically open the full bill, every month. The rest of CFE is a wreck, but this part works well.

Thanks, everyone, I'll use your suggestions. Don't know what I'm doing differently in signing in, but the page is without a bar code, but what I owe is right, with current dates, etc..

This time I'm writing down the suggestion that works. Good idea about bringing an old bill to Oxxo with new amount owed. I don't want to go to Chapala.

Lexy

3 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Thanks, everyone, I'll use your suggestions. Don't know what I'm doing differently in signing in, but the page is without a bar code, but what I owe is right, with current dates, etc..

This time I'm writing down the suggestion that works. Good idea about bringing an old bill to Oxxo with new amount owed. I don't want to go to Chapala.

Lexy

I know the old bill works at CFE to read current charges and pay.  I don't know if that's true at a 3rd party like OXXO or Walmart. 

Yes, found out that an old bill with a bar code on it and a copy of newest bill with no bar code didn't work at OXXO.

Fortunately I spotted my latest CFE bill tossed onto my front yard just now before it got rained on, like my last bill did soaking the bar code into shreds.

I guess my actual experience with the barcode on an old bill was at one of the machines at the CFE offices in Chapala. So they are using an inept method, because the bar code should be personalized to your account, not the month itself. Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I guess my actual experience with the barcode on an old bill was at one of the machines at the CFE offices in Chapala. So they are using an inept method, because the bar code should be personalized to your account, not the month itself. Makes no sense.

Hahaha CG would you like to reconsider the last sentence? CFE!

Lexy, the bar code on your previous bill may not have been damaged by the rain. Every CFE bill that was delivered in Sayulita in June had an unreadable bar code, looked like the heads in their printing machines needed cleaning. Everyone had to drive the half hour into Bucerias to pay them at the machine at the CFE office by typing in the service number. Yeah, awesome company.

Archived