Chapala.com Webboard

Check in procedure at airport?

On 8/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, ComputerGuy said:

It makes sense that you only do immigration when actually leaving the country. The flight from here to Mexico is national, not international, regardless of the connections.

True but the flight in total is international, irrelevant of how many stops must be made.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:04 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

INM at GDL won't issue FMM if you are flying from GDL to somewhere within Mexico.  I have tried!

I must have hit jackpot as I had no issues doing everything in GDL..

On 8/11/2017 at 10:01 AM, lakeside7 said:

Really .....why not give a try. Given all the other inconsistencies that happen in the MX system .  Please report back on your experience Bezerk

Reporting back as requested.  I arrived at GDL airport, went to immigration, gave necessary info and filled out paperwork as was posted by I believe bisbee girl..The immigration man smiled at me, stamped the bottom portion of immigration form and actually checked off area for tip portion where it has temp or permanent resident. I even asked him for an extra blank copy for next trip, no problem senora!  Upon return to Mexico I followed posted info stating soy residente.  Man smiled..took my form handed me back my permanente card and passport and away I went. Got my feathers all ruffled due to listening to tales here, and lo and behold it went smooth as could be and contrary to what some posted.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Sure, go ahead and give it a try. Just because people who have already tried it and failed, and being made aware of the actual legal requirement, who knows? A qualified gringo can easily bypass the regular system, right?

I must be lucky but I think not, just because others tried and failed does not mean another will. I must be one of those qualified gringos..since I did it all in Guadalajara..despite your comments to the contrary.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, el bartman said:

In the past I've done that.  'Twas a pain in the behind to locate it in Mexico so I filled out my departure info as the flight from Mexico, not GDL, but had it stamped here in Guadalajara.   Never had a problem and was never challenged on it.   Of course on the return flight I'd put the flight into Mexico City as it was point of entry.  Hey, give it a shot, all they can say is no and then you can do it in Mexico.

I so agree and thus so I did and guess what they did NOT say no..were very polite and seem to be on top of this issue at this stage.

On 8/12/2017 at 1:25 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Okay, I'm going to continue to do it the proper way with INM, when catching a flight actually leaving the country. You guys can take your chances, and good luck to you . I must say, the staff at INM in Mexico City was far and away superior in knowledge and attitude than anyone I've ever dealt with in the GDL airport. And very-well signed.

Took my chances and won..thanks for good luck wishes they worked. I found them to be well versed and in no way less superior than anywhere else.  As I stated my husband had asked for me on his way out thru Mexico City and they stated to do it in GDL if permanente resident was from there. so hmm..guess GDL is catching up in the well sigend field!!!   All this worrying for naught! 

On 8/9/2017 at 10:29 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Some key entries/info: 

The INM agent at GDL will give you a blank form.  You will have to step aside and fill it out.

On the top part of form:

Box 7, enter Mexico

Box 8, enter RP number (back of card)

Box 9, enter OTRO for purpose of trip

Write Residente Permanente at very top of from and again below the perforation on the lower portion of form.  When we left in July, the INM officer at GDL departures also wrote these words.

The rest of form is straight-forward.  After you complete it, return to the INM window so the agent can stamp it.  He will give the stamped form back to you.  Our agent separated the form at the perforation and put the lower (smaller) portion in our passport, knowing this is what the airline expects.  Keep the upper larger portion in a safe place...you will need it when you return to MX. 

The lower shorter part of form is collected by the airline before you depart, usually at the gate just prior to boarding. 

Again, keep the upper larger portion for your return to MX.  .  

When you return to MX do not fill out the blank FMM form the airline staff hands out on the plane (but take one and keep it for your next trip so you can fill it out before getting to GDL).

Enter the arriving flight info on the upper portion of the FMM you kept when you left Mexico.  When you approach the INM desk at GDL arrival area, show him/her your RP card FIRST and say, Soy Residente.  Then hand over your  FMM and passport.  The INM agent will keep the FMM form and you will leave their desk with only your RP card and passport.  

Follow this exactly and all is fine.  Also it sounds more complicated than it is..just saying..This is an excellent post!

On 12/8/2017 at 0:25 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Okay, I'm going to continue to do it the proper way with INM, when catching a flight actually leaving the country. You guys can take your chances, and good luck to you . I must say, the staff at INM in Mexico City was far and away superior in knowledge and attitude than anyone I've ever dealt with in the GDL airport. And very-well signed.

ComputerGuy is adding extra requirements that don't exist in INM rules nor in INM law.  INM stamps the "Exiting Mexico" half of the INM to simply give us   permission    to leave Mexico on an upcoming flight that day.    Note that INM rules and INM law have   no requirement  that their   permission  to depart Mexico be issued at same airport of the departing flight - that's just something that ComputerGuy has made up.

INM's stamp does not actually document our departure,  the INM stamp simply documents that we have no outstanding issues with INM & are   permitted   to fly out of Mexico that day.

The documentation of our actual departure in INM records happens   only   when the airline takes our  "Exiting Mexico" half of the FMM  (as we ENTER the plane),   as  only then does  the  airline  submits that "Exiting Mexico" portion back to INM at the airport of departure.

13 hours ago, bezerk said:

True but the flight in total is international, irrelevant of how many stops must be made.

Reporting back as requested.  I arrived at GDL airport, went to immigration, gave necessary info and filled out paperwork as was posted by I believe bisbee girl..The immigration man smiled at me, stamped the bottom portion of immigration form and actually checked off area for tip portion where it has temp or permanent resident. I even asked him for an extra blank copy for next trip, no problem senora!  Upon return to Mexico I followed posted info stating soy residente.  Man smiled..took my form handed me back my permanente card and passport and away I went. Got my feathers all ruffled due to listening to tales here, and lo and behold it went smooth as could be and contrary to what some posted.

I must be lucky but I think not, just because others tried and failed does not mean another will. I must be one of those qualified gringos..since I did it all in Guadalajara..despite your comments to the contrary.

I so agree and thus so I did and guess what they did NOT say no..were very polite and seem to be on top of this issue at this stage.

Took my chances and won..thanks for good luck wishes they worked. I found them to be well versed and in no way less superior than anywhere else.  As I stated my husband had asked for me on his way out thru Mexico City and they stated to do it in GDL if permanente resident was from there. so hmm..guess GDL is catching up in the well sigend field!!!   All this worrying for naught! 

But it isn´t that you gave your passport to the national flight airline in Guadalajara and they took the stamped FMM card  when boarding that national flight to CDMX. It is you simply recieved the stamped FMM card at INM in Guadalajara and then flew to CDMX where there you handed your passport, resident card and the stamped FMM card to the international flight airlines before departing Mexico. I don´t see any difference in what others have done except you had an INM official give you a stamped FMM card before departing Mexico  at the Guadalajara airport before boarding a national flight. Everyone hands in the stamped FMM card when departing Mexico regardless of where you got it stamped as long as the dates match up to your departing Mexico. If you had departed Mexico the next day you would need to get an INM official to stamp another FMM card that day.

I believe the point was to avoid having to go to immigration in Mexico city as opposed to Guadalajara which was stated to be impossible, yet I did it and the agent in Guadalajara even stapled it to my boarding pass for Mexico city. 

It was stated over and over that no this was not possible had to be done in Mexico city.  I felt more comfortable in Guadalajara and dd it there so thus yes it can be done.

Either way I found it much less complicated tha was posted here by following bisbee girls advise..simple.

Fine, you people can dick around all you like with regs and rules. I'll do it the way it should be done, which has never caused me any difficulty. When it fails for you, don't come crying to us.

And snowyco, I added what extra steps exactly? And made up what? I don't see it.

All I know is the one time I left Mexico via Mexico City and another via PV, immigration told me it the way ComputerGuy says. You turn in the immigration papers when you leave the country not one or two airports before.

That is what immigration told me to do so I did it.

Yes, you turn in your FMM at the airport where you board the international flight to leave Mexico. However you may fill in your FMM wherever you please, and then have the FMM authorized by INM at any airport you pass through in Mexico.

There; you now have three facts to argue about, even though all are true.

19 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

... and that is all that we have been saying. But thanks for clarifying the point(s) for those who don't get it.

She insinuated in every post she wanted to hand in the stamped FMM card at the Guadalajara airport to the national flight airlines not at the CDMX airport to the international flight airline.

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, AlanMexicali said:

But it isn´t that you gave your passport to the national flight airline in Guadalajara and they took the stamped FMM card  when boarding that national flight to CDMX. It is you simply recieved the stamped FMM card at INM in Guadalajara and then flew to CDMX where there you handed your passport, resident card and the stamped FMM card to the international flight airlines before departing Mexico. I don´t see any difference in what others have done except you had an INM official give you a stamped FMM card before departing Mexico  at the Guadalajara airport before boarding a national flight. Everyone hands in the stamped FMM card when departing Mexico regardless of where you got it stamped as long as the dates match up to your departing Mexico. If you had departed Mexico the next day you would need to get an INM official to stamp another FMM card that day.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, bezerk said:

13 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Fine, you people can dick around all you like with regs and rules. I'll do it the way it should be done, which has never caused me any difficulty. When it fails for you, don't come crying to us.

And snowyco, I added what extra steps exactly? And made up what? I don't see it.

Please cite the Article No. & subsection of the DOF publications of INM Law and~or INM Reglamentos, or in the INM operations manual that supposedly documents your personal opinion.

Carefull and extensive searches of all three documents have shown there is    no mention    that a foreigner exiting the country by air travel must   supposedly   have their "Exiting Mexico" half of the FMM form approved at any particular airport.   ComputerGuy unfortunately adds his own personal  opinion  that   supposedly  only the INM office at the airport of the deporting flight is the  supposedly  only one allowed to grant the approval for the foreigner to exit Mexico by air travel.

Fortunately,  each of us is  free  to choose  which option we want to try.

Each of us is  free  to submit our FMM at the Guadalajara airport INM office  to get formal official approval to exit Mexico on a connecting flight that departs later that day from Mexico City's Benito Juarez airport.

4 hours ago, snowyco said:

Please cite the Article No. & subsection of the DOF publications of INM Law and~or INM Reglamentos, or in the INM operations manual that supposedly documents your personal opinion.

Why in hell, exactly, should I do anything for you under these circumstances? You know what pleases me? That you went to all the trouble of doing that research for no good reason. Like I said, you can DICK around with the regs all you like, but I'm frankly bored with you making up shit about me and everything else you can dream up.

4 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

She insinuated in every post she wanted to hand in the stamped FMM card at the Guadalajara airport to the national flight airlines not at the CDMX airport to the international flight airline.

I was referring to RV's post, and us rational folks.... not her.

MOG..always an insult, always a mean statement..Rational folks..are most irrational? 

My point was I wanted to fill out and have stamped paperwork from Guadalajara rather then finding immigration in MX city..

I reported my experience..so I am done here!  Buen viaje!

Archived