Chapala.com Webboard

Justathought

I believe  last year Grace closed her restaurant and reopened  in the mall across the street from Walmart . However  It reopened under a different name ( which the name escapes me ) . It was next door between Subway and the Italian restaurant .  

I ate there a couple of times , but haven't been near the mall for awhile . ( health ) 

has anyone been there lately ?? 

Hoping to get there again soon !!  .. 

1 hour ago, SunshineyDay said:

Greats eggs benedict-taco salad etc. She is a great cook! We eat there often.

So is they sell Eggs Benedict what time do they open?

I was there this evening.  I stood at the counter for a few minutes while the counter waitress sat on a chair.  I finally walked away away without trying any of the dishes.  No welcome, no words. 

If you enter a Mexican establishment, it is customary to greet the proprietor, or anyone else who might be there.  To enter and stand in silence, may well be met with silence, giving you time to decide what you want to say.   :(

I wouldn't call this an "establishment". It's in a  fast-food court. Your only greeter is behind the counter. If that person is slacking off, taking a break, and ignoring you, then it's not the owner, and is costing the business money.

12 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

True, but did the customer even say “hello“?   He said, “no words“.

You go to a stall at a food court and stand there.  The person behind the counter doesn't even say "May I help you?"  And somehow it's the customer's job to call attention to him/herself???  Give me a cotton pickin' break.  From what was described it sounds like the equivalent of going into a restaurant, sitting at a table and never being approached by the waiter/waitress.  My first reaction to the OP's post was wondering if the employee was too busy  on her cell phone to even  notice there was a customer standing there . . . That wouldn't surprise me at all these days.

6 minutes ago, bdlngton said:

You go to a stall at a food court and stand there.  The person behind the counter doesn't even say "May I help you?"  And somehow it's the customer's job to call attention to him/herself???  Give me a cotton pickin' break.  From what was described it sounds like the equivalent of going into a restaurant, sitting at a table and never being approached by the waiter/waitress.  My first reaction to the OP's post was wondering if the employee was too busy  on her cell phone to even  notice there was a customer standing there . . . That wouldn't surprise me at all these days.

Perhaps you should look back at the OP post.  ( me) .  The only thing I asked is if the owner of the former Sazon ,  is still in the mall across the street from Walmart . 

Hopefully I will be able to get there soon !! 

This a great spot for Mexican brunch - they open at 10:00 am, and the only other thing open at that time, is Subway and the Breadshop. Never had a bad meal there. Last time I had three gorditas, all with different fillings, all fresh made. The owner is very friendly, speaks English. The assistant, who sometimes works the front, but not taking orders, is very shy and speaks no English at all. Great family style Mexican food prepared with love and skill. They also have some NOB items like chile bowl, chile dog, and now I hear eggs benedict. I agree, they should be much more popular than they are.

On August 11, 2017 at 0:46 AM, Justathought said:

Perhaps you should look back at the OP post.  ( me) .  The only thing I asked is if the owner of the former Sazon ,  is still in the mall across the street from Walmart . 

Hopefully I will be able to get there soon !! 

sorry, my error.  Shouldn't have said OP.  I was referring to the person who posted he/she was ignored by person behind counter.  My profound apologies if I offended you.  Not my intention.

Archived