Chapala.com Webboard

13 hours ago, RickS said:

Wow, I had no idea that there were those kind of barrel waves anywhere close to here!

Oh, to be younger!

This place is world renowned. While we were there for 5 days, we meet surfers from Australia, Soth Africa, Argentina, and Brazile. Funny, No American/Canadians though...

I suspect that Tecoman is considered the "Deadliest Town" because of President Enrique Pena Nieto's reporting. Mexico is corrupt with not reporting its crimes. IMO, It sounds like Tecomon is striving to change that.

6 hours ago, Chapala Drone said:

This place is world renowned. While we were there for 5 days, we meet surfers from Australia, Soth Africa, Argentina, and Brazile. Funny, No American/Canadians though...

I suspect that Tecoman is considered the "Deadliest Town" because of President Enrique Pena Nieto's reporting. Mexico is corrupt with not reporting its crimes. IMO, It sounds like Tecomon is striving to change that.

I enjoyed viewing the video. Some great surfing skills shown there. These guys are fearless.

Few years ego we wintered in Manzanillo and visited el Turtugario  in Cuyutlan (several times) and I thought that the surf was high there The sand is black and hot (they have a wooden pathways in the sand across the beach to the water) . Beside the el Turtugario,  Cuyutlan it is famous for "ola verde"  (giant "Green Wave.")  Depending on how much tequila the storyteller consumed, the giant waves varied in height. They are highest during the months of May and June and looking green because of the algae in the water .  We were told that Los Pascuales, waves are 10-15 ft on a regular basis. I think CD is right,  Cuyutlan is probably as south in Colima that US and Canadian will venture. There were actually quite a few there. 

In the same time we were exploring that region and visited Tecoman. The countryside is quite attractive around the town. Lots of orchards of multiple fruits but the limes are the major crop......reference to it is seen everywhere. It has a reputation of lime capital in Mexico (or even world). The town itself seemed " tough" but "murder capital"  depends on who is doing the data analyses. Personally I think it is not more dangerous than many other towns in Mexico. Drug wars are brutal and some towns are doing better job than others of keeping the business  "private"

Archived