Chapala.com Webboard

You are back!

I thought it was some kind of ransomware attack. Hope that you did not have to pay. This happened to me and they were wanting US$2500 or they said they would wipe out everything from my computer where basically my life and business lives. Thankfully I had everything saved on an external hard drive so we spent a couple of days reformatting and reinstalling everything. Now all is back to normal.  BACKUP...BACKUP

From the message that was displayed, I know it was a legitimate security tool that perhaps just went haywire. Since it listed IP addresses (and I did not check mine), it appeared to be blocking anyone that tried to get in, as opposed to shutting down the servers at that end.

Well, I feel better.  I had no idea everybody was affected.  Plus, if you want to find what the heck you did, who exactly do you call?  This is exactly what happens when you lose power.  If EVERYBODY is without power, then I don't feel as bad.  I was running thru my last two posts wondering  how I got in trouble by saying the "transition team" for Anitas was destroying any chance to save the place and  a post saying the Lake was really rising fast.  I was leaning in  the direction of the Lake post.  Hard to believe anybody would defend the "Transition Team".

Considering this is your very first post as Roberta Strand, I guess we are wondering what your previous handle was, which would help us determine if you might have been deemed worthy of being blocked...

Since there seems to be no more connection to Chapala Realty listings, or Ojo del Lago, I was convinced that the owners had abandoned this site and maybe even sold it.  Is that the case?

I could not help but also notice that Chapala Realty now has a new site, just started coincidentally in July, with a different address:  cb.chapala.com, and without any connection to this new format, or to real estate at all.  I found that by searching for the usual real estate listings. When they did not come up, I found the changes with a Google search.

I still think there may be more to the story of the “outage“.   Was there a “divorce“?

Hmmmm.   www.chapala.com is my bookmarked homepage, and opens automatically. In looking at it, the webboard is also part of the address.  Yes, the loss of the old links did make me wonder if there had been a “divorce“.

Please let us know when things are back to normal.....

Not sure I get what is being discussed. if you go to Chapala.com, there is a link to this site, as usual. And when you follow that link, there is an advertisement for Coldwell Banker in the right margin, with all the advertisers from Ojo.

And this webboard address is a sub-address of chapala.com, clearly visible in the address bar at the top of your browser.

What has changed...?

1 hour ago, betty7 said:

4 husbands here. many moreB) on TOB. unfortunatly they were all named "istphobe".

I thought they were all Henry and there were 8.

Archived