Chapala.com Webboard

Our dog, Aika, a black and white Japanese Chin (10 lbs) let herself out of our fenced yard on Friday July 29. We live in Colonia Las Redes in Chapala. If anyone has seen her please let us know!! 

IMG_3536.JPG

You want your dog returned?  Offer a reward.  You are in Mexico now and generally locals help their family, not strangers.  They need an incentive.  Also, ask the local kids as they know everything that goes on in the barrio.

There is a really good article pinned at the top of this section. It gives excellent advise. Please read it.

As cute as the dog is, she is probably already living with someone else. You need to make it worthwhile to give her back. Mention the reward (NO AMOUNT) and that she is spayed. Even if not true, it makes her much less valuable. English and Spanish.  Posters in all the little stores and at DanVet next to Soriana. Neighbor kids are nosy and love to help and are willing to rat-out someone for a reward.

Good luck - crossed paws for a safe return

Da and--I just send you a private message with some ideas that helped me get my dog back when was lost several years ago.  I have never seen a campaign to find a lost pet as well organized as the one my friends and I staged.  I know that feeling when your baby goes missing.  I wish you the best of luck.  Please keep us posted.  We do care.

Archived