Chapala.com Webboard

NOTE--BOARD IS UP AGAIN

Have you not been reading, my friend? How about this thread: WTF is with all the negativity on TOB. How about I am locked out of chapala.com. How about Looks like I'm banned from TOB. And there are several others. These, at least, are today and yesterday. Pretty current.

Ajijic_hiker is right. A large number of comments over there are simply to complain about this board. Boredom, ya know?

It's important to have 2 boards. It is good to have competition and a choice!  All the people who get kicked off this board post on the other one, and the other one is not as strict on what you say, so that's fun--I enjoy both. The  more boards, the better! Way better than Facebook for local things, altho Facebook is good for connecting with long-lost relatives and friends, assuming you want to connect with long-lost relatives and friends. Me, I tend to enjoy being long-lost.

A number of people thought they were locked out and did not know what they had done. A number of other people like me seriously considered how dependent they are on this website and vowed to consider other options, should any arise! Would we like to have a webboard on which we can rely? YES! I well remember the narco activities here a few years ago when I did not go out until I had checked the webboard.

Everyone thought they were locked out.  I got a ton of emails.  Everyone was locked out, even the mods and Admin.

The new software that was adopted here some times ago has some cool features but it also seems vulnerable to serious crashes.  Something triggered a site lock service that is supposed to just block spam and they blocked everyone's IPs.   If I get the details on what happened I'll share them here.

Very few people have gotten locked out here other than the spammers.  Usually after a couple of suspensions and a guaranteed boot on the third offense, they leave here on their own and go elsewhere.  

It's real simple--you are entitled to your own opinions you are not entitled to personally attack others for theirs.  If you don't agree with another's opinion, you are free to make your own case.  The essence of free speech is that it includes both what we personally like and also what we don't like.    

Those who think it is OK to hide behind a keyboard and defame and insult their neighbors are not welcome here.   That's the bottom line with this board.

The board's owners have ruled no politics or religion and not a lot about crime.  Complaints about moderation or other board operations are to be conducted ONLY by PM.  Other than that, we try not to get too picky if threads wander and usually only close if things get snarky.

Archived