Chapala.com Webboard

taxi

Another vote or Miramontes.  Have used them for 6 years.  Not only are they never late, Luis phoned me once because he heard there was some heavy traffic towards the airport and wanted to know I would like to leave earlier to be on the safe side.  A friend called someone else once.  I ended up driving her to the airport at 5:30 in the morning because he was a no show and I can't see in the dark on unmarked, unlit roads.

Miramontes left me standing on the street outside a locked gate waiting for them at 4 in the morning for half an hour.  They were seriously late and no apology.  Had a plane to catch.  Will never use them again.  I am happy so many have never had a bad experience with them, but for me. no more.  And they are the most expensive transport around here.

I've always had very good results with Miramontes, but I would appreciate knowing of good, reliable alternatives. It never hurts to have a couple of aces up the sleeve. I suspect Miramontes is suffering from being too popular--the last time we booked them, the guy they sent was someone I did not know--possibly a relative by marriage, but possibly someone they had hired. Granted, we were going to a shopping mall so it was a leisurely run.

I would appreciate knowing alternatives--but please, no one who runs drugs.

Another vote or Miramontes.  Surprised to hear of no shows/lates.  Good to  know though, for I will alway reconfirm the night before from here on in.

Archived