Chapala.com Webboard

Spiderweb Internet

Does anyone on this forum have Spiderweb Internet? I do and lately,  their service has been terrible. I signed up for the 5 meg package at $489 a month and at first, I was getting between 3 and 5 megs download and 1 upload. Most of the time, I have no internet service every morning until about 8:30 am. Lately,  my internet speed has been a 1 meg or less and less than .5 upload. They always have the excuse that they are "working on it", but nothing ever gets done. Today, I sent them an email explaining that I would be dropping their service, then all of a sudden, I am getting 4 megs. Unfortunately, I doubt very much that this will last. I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems. I also use Telmex, and unfortunately, where I live, their service is unpredictable and unreliable as well. We are up against a wall here.

We have them in Ixtlahuacan and this past week has been the worst. They said they started a full refurb/upgrade and it will be better soon, they hope by the end of the week.
Our service was back up to 5.5 before we called them today. Before this week we had great service and speed at around 5.5 every day.
So we are giving them another week to see what happens and for them to re-do or replace their tower.

Isai, the owner has been good in answering out questions as has Arely, the office manager.

Thank you AnnieMel. Unfortunately, they have not responded to my emails and when we call, we are told that they are working on it. We have 5 modems here and pay about $2,000 pesos a month, so we expect a little better customer service, but, then again....????....we are used to that kind of thing.

The reason we get Spiderweb is that we cannot get Megacable here and Telmex's service is just as bad, if not worse, than Spiderweb. Increasing our speed on Telmex will not help, AND,  we cannot get a land line here, because, they say, all lines are currently taken. So our options are limited.

At one time, our Spiderweb worked fabulously. Until a couple of weeks ago, I was getting a great connection and speeds. So, I am hoping this is temporary and that we can get back to normal soon.

:angry:

I hope so too. It would be a shame if the service is crumbling for financial or other reasons.... being without Internet these days is like losing your thumbs.

Here's to the lucky folks in Chapala Haciendas and Brisas de Chapala, who --thanks to an infrastructure upgrade for the new hotel/condos-- in some cases have gone from less than 2 mbps up to an actual 15 mpbs! It was obviously financially feasible for TelMex to put in those upgrades; it is not something they were ever going to do for those neighbourhoods otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

One and a half days of 15, then on and off again. 5.5, then 3 but still better than telmex.... WHEN it's working.
Wow, we have one modem and have been crying ourselves to sleep... you have a big set up. Hope they can come through.

We live on the side of Ixtlahuacan when there is no megacable...

And on a brighter note, as of this coming weekend, we will be one of those lucky few who get to experience the upgrades at Las Brisas as we just signed a lease there today... whew...

Having a hard time finding someone to rent to us for free, so had to get internet...

Good luck the sarge7

Archived