Chapala.com Webboard

Lost trailer title & registration

vickie

We're in the process of moving back to the states after a six year run in Ajijic.  Took a load of things up in our vehicle and 5x8 cargo trailer in May, crossed at Columbia and turned in the TIP.  Left the trailer and vehicle in the states and flew back.  Now we're driving back down to get the last of our things but in the intervening two months have misplaced the trailer title and registration.  I have the title and current registration to the vehicle.  I do have an old registration for the trailer with the VIN number and name on it but it has expired.  We planned to cross again at Columbia, get a new TIP and drive down, load up and leave the first part of September.    Am I going to be able to bring the trailer in or will they check it before issuing the TIP?  I don't want to make a 1,600 mile drive to Columbia with the trailer and not be able to cross.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Why not apply for a lost title/registration?  You have evidence in the old registration and the DMV should be able to look it up and confirm with your ID, etc.

Lost title and registration found.  I didn't realize they were missing until yesterday and leaving next week so didn't have time to go through the hassle and wait a month for a new one from DMV, plus the associated costs, and was going to have to do that when we finished the move if they didn't turn up.  Just glad I found them.  Thanks, all.

Archived