Chapala.com Webboard

AeroMexico still charging for one checked luggage?

sm1mex

Is AeroMexico still charging for a checked luggage?  A few weeks back the Reporter said this and other airlines were being fined a large amount for charging for checked luggage.  

Has anyone checked a luggage with AM and did they charge you?

I hope that is the case after Mexico fined the airlines for charging for luggage.

We could have flown Volaris for a little cheaper, but they charge for a carry on roller bag now, checked luggage, picking a seat and don't give you anything, not even a coke, so we avoid them.

AM gives you food and drinks, including spirits.  Many of their planes also have a seat back t.v. screen, which Volaris doesn't have.

AeroMexico charged me $500 pesos on July 5 to fly from Guadalajara, final stop Ottawa (via MC and Detroit). Coming back on the 19th, Delta charged me $25 Cdn to return via Detroit and Monterrey. The fines were in effect before I left here.

Various connections could not fit my carryon in the overheads, but happily tossed it in with checked luggage.

Not always accurate. That website told me 380p the night before my trip. The Delta site said I had to check at the ticket counter, and they could not give me that information over the phone when I called... because they did not know it.

I had one checked bag, under the limit by far, and a carry-on.

Remember when flying was fun? When was that--1953?

I know some of youse guys fly regularly, so I would appreciate any info you can supply about why we cannot get seat selection on the Aero Mexico website for a trip to Canada. I am fine flying to Mexico City in separate seats, but us two would like to be together from Mexico City to Vancover and the return direct flight.

Memo: flying is not fun anymore. I am so old I remember when it WAS fun. One used to get dressed up!

Volaris indicates at the beginning that they allow one free luggage (25 kilo) and two carry-ons. They are sneaky and try to fool you. At the end, when it's time to pay, you have an additional amount for the medium luggage that you did not choose, and you cannot change it. Now, they have terms for bags (light, medium and heavy) to justify their cost.

Also, if you are not careful, you will also pay for the seats that they choose for you if you don't indicate that you don't require them at this time. It’s also difficult to get rid of it.

I booked with Interjet even if it was $38 more. I just can't accept to be fooled.

Interjet were sneaky too a while ago, but their web is improved and they are clear.

Thank God we have chosen to not go NOB any longer. Like to see us? Great, depending on your individual situation we can assist money wise with tickets, hotels, etc. We can have you met at the airport and whisked to your hotel, no hassle for us. Settle in, and we'll meet the following day and plan our time together. Yes, we pick up the check for meals, no problem. Then they get to decide how much time they spend with us and how much exploring on their own. Win/win.

We don't do ziplines, ATV rides in the mountains, or swimming with the dolphins so we let them do as much or as little of that on their own. Meet us for dinner.

AeroMexico's website only displays the types and sizes of luggage. To get a price, you have to enter your flight number information. THAT's cheesy. Means you have to call them to get any indication of cost.

Archived