Chapala.com Webboard

Life Style Change's

That rate sure did get me a cheap new Nissan. I too knew it would not last, but now I am not an easy a tap for the local charities. The NAFTA negotiations will swing the rate, but I expect it to again rise, not worried either way.

The peso:USD was roughly 10:1 when we first started coming to MX.  When we lived here full-time 2008-2012 it ranged between 12 and 15 to 1 USD.  In our heads, we still think anything above 12:1 is gravy.  

I've made some changes.  I'm happy with my decision to finally move into the Penthouse in Riberas.  I live on my SS and keep a savings account strictly for medical needs when I should ever need them.  I chose a larger apartment for the view, privacy and terrace for my garden. The rent is "all inclusive" and leaves me $200 US for additional spending.   That went a good deal further, but now it's less so I stopped going to bazars and garage sales.  I really don't want or need anything more.  I no longer buy wine and tequila.  I drink a lot more water and club soda with lime.  Maybe that's a good thing.  The things I really cherish are my pup, the pool and my stress and worry free days.  Now my extra money goes for gardening on the property and my weekly massage.  These small sacrifices are little compared to the happiness I've found living Lakeside in Mexico.

Archived