Chapala.com Webboard

Lake Chapala Reporter is back

I would expect that if this rumor were true she, Lisa Jorgenson (probably spelled her name wrong) would announce same in the form of an email to those she normally emails when making announcements. I and many of you are on that list, and she has not sent anything new out about the Lake Chapala Reporter.

If I remember correctly she started this publication, but not enough subscribers were willing to pay for same, so she moved on to another effort.

If I am wrong, nothing negative meant.

Digging for the truth; maybe the LCR can get the story on this:  (Link from the Facebook page Chapala Jalisco)   Just how involved was the Presidente?

16195195_602762206599741_767282567769663

---DEBES VERLO HASTA EL FINAL--- DEGOLLADO LO SABIA Y NO HIZO NADA---

Pasaron 85 días para que Javier Degollado tomara en serio las acusaciones de violación de menores en un Kinder de San Nicolás de Ibarra en Chapala ya que les negaba los exámenes a los padres y desestimaba sus denuncias llamándoles "Mitoteras"

¿CUANTOS CASOS MAS DE VIOLACIÓN HABRÁ EN CHAPALA? ¿PORQUE EL PRESIDENTE NO HIZO NADA CUANDO SE ENTERO? ¿PORQUE DICEN QUE ESTO NO ES GRAVE? ¿SE CASTIGARAN A TODOS LOS RESPONSABLES?

--- you must see him to the end --- slit his throat and he did nothing ---

It took 85 days for Javier Degollado to take seriously the allegations of rape of minors in a kinder of San Nicolás De Ibarra in chapala as he denied the examinations to the parents and dismissed his complaints "Mitoteras"

How many more rape cases will there be in chapala? Because the president didn't do anything when he found out? Because they say this isn't serious? Are all those responsible punished?

I received an email about the 'new' Lake Chapala Reporter (I subscribed for a short time to the original).  The offer sounded good for the first year's subscription rate, and there was a couple of stories mentioned that I was interested in following, so I signed up again.  Unfortunately, other than those two stories, everything else was just a 'paste and copy' from the old version.  In fact, the restaurant menu section still has menus listed for restaurants that are long gone!  I hope that Lisa gets this updated quickly, and puts current stories and information on the site.  

3 minutes ago, suegarn said:

I received an email about the 'new' Lake Chapala Reporter (I subscribed for a short time to the original).  The offer sounded good for the first year's subscription rate, and there was a couple of stories mentioned that I was interested in following, so I signed up again.  Unfortunately, other than those two stories, everything else was just a 'paste and copy' from the old version.  In fact, the restaurant menu section still has menus listed for restaurants that are long gone!  I hope that Lisa gets this updated quickly, and puts current stories and information on the site.  

I think she should have done that before she started taking people's money for subscriptions. 

Just now, Xena said:

I think she should have done that before she started taking people's money for subscriptions. 

I totally agree!  The problem is that you can't see the whole issue until you subscribe, so you're not sure what you're going to get.  I will give her a little time to update everything, but if next month's issue is just recycled old stories again, I'll definitely let everyone know not to waste their money on her!

Unfortunately, the Guadalajara Reporter posted what is basically an op-ed and advocacy piece pretending to report on this matter, and pretty much accused the wronged parents of electioneering.  It's a pretty shameful piece IMO and Lisa appears to have done a much better job of reporting on this very serious matter.

Apparently it also made the TV news in GDL which reported much the same thing Lisa did.  My gardener saw it and told me about it this morning.

A lot of very active discussion from the local Mexican community on that Chapala Jalisco facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Chapala-Jalisco-135344446674855/

It made the Guadalajara TV news and I have heard about it on the radio every time I turn my radio on. My Spanish is OK but not that good, so I have to admit that I didn't get a much better explanation until I saw the Spanish Facebook pages that also gave me the option to translate the wording into English.

What really bothered me the most, that in the beginning she solicited the information from this very webboard as she was very new in the area and then reprinted the info in her new Chapala Reporter. I remember that she openly asked questions here and used the answers as her own knowledge. Some people have no shame.

5 hours ago, celticunited said:

Digging for the truth; maybe the LCR can get the story on this:  (Link from the Facebook page Chapala Jalisco)   Just how involved was the Presidente?

16195195_602762206599741_767282567769663

---DEBES VERLO HASTA EL FINAL--- DEGOLLADO LO SABIA Y NO HIZO NADA---

Pasaron 85 días para que Javier Degollado tomara en serio las acusaciones de violación de menores en un Kinder de San Nicolás de Ibarra en Chapala ya que les negaba los exámenes a los padres y desestimaba sus denuncias llamándoles "Mitoteras"

¿CUANTOS CASOS MAS DE VIOLACIÓN HABRÁ EN CHAPALA? ¿PORQUE EL PRESIDENTE NO HIZO NADA CUANDO SE ENTERO? ¿PORQUE DICEN QUE ESTO NO ES GRAVE? ¿SE CASTIGARAN A TODOS LOS RESPONSABLES?

--- you must see him to the end --- slit his throat and he did nothing ---

It took 85 days for Javier Degollado to take seriously the allegations of rape of minors in a kinder of San Nicolás De Ibarra in chapala as he denied the examinations to the parents and dismissed his complaints "Mitoteras"

How many more rape cases will there be in chapala? Because the president didn't do anything when he found out? Because they say this isn't serious? Are all those responsible punished?

Just saw in a local newspaper that the female teacher who has been accused, was just sent to jail even though her case was not adjudicated yet.???

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, vetteforron said:

I like anyone which is an entrepreneur. I found my niche and it has worked for me. Go for it Lisa! Let the market decide!!!

I think market has already decided, Ron.

There are people like Yourself  and Warren Buffet  :=) who found their niche stuck with it and it worked for them. And..... they are people like my "entrepreneur" neighbour who within 2 years was builder, film maker, fireplace installer and none of it worked for him. Maybe one day.

I think that this person is in the same category.

I've been here 9 years and one thing I've noticed about the Mexican media is that there is a lot of yellow journalism and sensationalizing politically motivated false news. The media has not caught up on the new judicial laws of innocent until proven guilty as well it seems. The Guadalajara Reporter is bang on in it's take on this local alleged crime. Nothing has been proven in a court of law and there has been no conviction of anyone and only one arrest, the kind of arrest which is par for the course around here. That arrest proves nothing so far. Oh, and bringing up very old news about a gringo pedophile who may or may not still be alive or even here, and suggesting our mayor is protecting him is disgusting nonsense. This is starting to look like what was finally called the "scandal of the century" in Saskatchewan in the late 80's and a similar case in California.

10 minutes ago, ned small said:

I've been here 9 years and one thing I've noticed about the Mexican media is that there is a lot of yellow journalism and sensationalizing politically motivated false news. The media has not caught up on the new judicial laws of innocent until proven guilty as well it seems. The Guadalajara Reporter is bang on in it's take on this local alleged crime. Nothing has been proven in a court of law and there has been no conviction of anyone and only one arrest, the kind of arrest which is par for the course around here. That arrest proves nothing so far. Oh, and bringing up very old news about a gringo pedophile who may or may not still be alive or even here, and suggesting our mayor is protecting him is disgusting nonsense. This is starting to look like what was finally called the "scandal of the century" in Saskatchewan in the late 80's and a similar case in California.

Thank you, Ned. I well remember the McMartin preschool case in Southern California with which I was very familiar, following it from beginning to end. I saw the case build and spiral out of control through inept police work, the media and public hysteria. I see the same thing happening here. When a "news" outlet like the Chapala Reporter suddenly rises from the dead to jump on the sensationalism band wagon it is time to be even more skeptical. Then the so-called investigative reporter introduces the possible involvement of a foreign pedophile, naming as her source "Inside Lakeside" without identifying it as a local web board. This web board does not allow idle chat and speculation about crime. The Chapala Reporter embraces it as a news source. Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Xena said:

Thank you, Ned. I well remember the McMartin preschool case in Southern California with which I was very familiar, following it from beginning to end. I saw the case build and spiral out of control through inept police work, the media and public hysteria. I see the same thing happening here. When a "news" outlet like the Chapala Reporter suddenly rises from the dead to jump on the sensationalism band wagon it is time to be even more skeptical. Then the so-called investigative reporter introduces the possible involvement of a foreign pedophile, naming as her source "Inside Lakeside" without identifying it as a local web board. This web board does not allow idle chat and speculation about crime. The Chapala Reporter embraces it as a news source. Disgusting.

Some have mentioned the site Chapala on facebook which has linked a rag called Jalisco Rojo. It is obvious that JR's sole purpose is to discredit the PRI and they are using this to the max 12 months before the next election and what they print makes Jorgensons garbage look like Girl Scout cookies.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Yeah, those parents are all liars too. :)

Nobody said that. Something may well have happened to those children. It may well have happened at that school, in that classroom, and the teacher may have been involved. None of that is yet proven but the more rumor and speculation reported as news we have, the less and less likely it is we will ever know the truth. I am simply asking for less sensationalism and hysteria. 

No, that is not what they said  They said they attempted to report it to Chapala and were rebuffed and threatened.

Yes, basically the GDL Reporter accused the parents of making this up.

You chose who you want to believe.  I'm going with the parents.  So, apparently are a lot of Mexican folks.  This isn't over by a long shot.

Choosing to believe the parents is one thing. Believing everything anyone says or prints after that is another. Of course this is not over, nor should it be. Hopefully, the truth (whatever it is) will prevail. 

Archived