Chapala.com Webboard

Poco a Poco San Pedro Open Mic August 3 @ 5:00-7:30pm

Please join us for a special Open Mic session on Thursday, August 3. We are raising funds to help a great cause - Poco a Poco San Pedro. Come sing a song, play a tune, or sit back and take in the show while enjoying a meal and supporting a good cause.

When:  Thursday, August 3 from 5:00 - 7:30 pm.
Where: El Patio Restaurant in Chapala
(corner of Francisco Madero and Ninos Heroes, across from City Hall)
Cost: 53 pesos entry
There will also be a 50/50 draw

Poco a Poco is a registered charity that offers a "hand up - instead of a hand out" to various communities east of Chapala that have the second highest rate of kidney disease in the world. You may have heard about Agua Caliente's problems...this is just one of the villages helped by Poco a Poco.

Poco a Poco provides tools and education to the community members to empower them to improve their lives. It also arranges for health care for the many inhabitants, from transporting people to Guadalajara for kidney dialysis, to organizing free dental and doctor appointments.  All this costs money, so come on out and pledge your financial support while having a good time!   

For more information about Poco a Poco, visit the web site at:
https://www.pocoapocosanpedro.com

I seem to remember that they need new wells, as the wells are contaminated with arsenic because they are not deep enough? Could you provide a little more info? Personally, I think you would get more support by identifying/describing the problems than by simply offering an opportunity to party. I would like to help, but I have zero interest in partying.

Archived