Chapala.com Webboard

CFE outage

Is there any magic way of reaching CFE?  In parts of Las Salvias we have been without power for 5 hours.  A neighbor reported the outage via the website.  We've been calling the 071 number and just get a hum.  Tried it from a neighbor's corded phone too with the same result.  The local number just rings and rings.  Any other way to reach them?

Power just came back on after about 11 hours.  Never once did the 071 number respond nor the number given for Chapala.  We were reduced to charging cell phones in the car - but it's back up and that's good.  A construction truck backed into a pole on the corner of 5 de febrero this morning causing the outage.  There was fear that CFE might require the truck owners to pay for repairs before they would start work.

Glad to hear your power is back on.  Since the other guys were also not picking up your trash in Las Salvias for a while I was concerned you were getting retaliated on because of me. :D

I didn't believe this possible until some guy from Tucson suggested it here and the neighborly folks over on TOB were just dancing in the streets hoping it actually happened. :D:D

Right now, they are assuring each other how their little group of friendlies are superior to every other local message board and local posters on facebook.   One of them thinks he's really clever because he's lurking around here and thinks we don't know it.  LOL

Reminds me of a bunch of stuck up sorority girls.

Seriously though, it seems when something bigger gets broke it like a pole or transformer it can take a while to get it fixed.  I keep my generator ready to run.  They do seem to be getting things fixed faster these days but we're starting to get local outages caused by untrimmed trees and wind again.

The 071 number has worked every time we needed it.

An amusing thread. Once a big tree across the street fell on the front gate taking out the CFE pole with it. I called rental mgmt and they called a tree trimmer to get it off the arch over the gate. The tree guys looked at it and said "no way" there were still live wires tangled in the fallen tree. Took 7 days to get CFE out, by then the arch was cracked and had to be replaced and they didn't replace the pole, just strung a wire about 75' from across the street and hooked it to a tree? - I was hollering at the el Jeffe "you can't do that, not even in MX" - he looked at it, smiled at me and drove off. I ended up bringing down hardware from NOB and reinstalling it myself. The power was to the casita which was vacant at the time, but another time the entire place went down for 20 hours, it was after that I bought the generator. I looked up at (Gobblers Knob) Upper Chula Vista, only once in 7 years did I see their lights go out, obviously someone from the CFE lives up there.

Archived