Chapala.com Webboard

Question for Sony

Guiness

Hola Sony

Can you please explain the difference between getting a foreign vehicle nationalized or having it legalized.  There seems to be alot of people here Lakeside getting their vehicles legalized.  Can you please speak to this for us.  With thanks in advance   

There is only one process that allows a foreign plated vehicle to be made legal so it may be registered in a Mexican state and that process results in Aduana issuing a pedimento and the broker a factura. A sample of both are on my web site under nationalizing and a pedimento is below. 

Once a person has both documents and the vehicle is registered on REPUVE, a national database of all vehicles in Mexico, a person applies for state registration and plates. That process, at least in every state I am aware of, includes a physical inspection of the vehicle. The inspection is done by staff from Rentas who issues plates. They are checking various VIN's on the vehicle to see if the VIN"s exist and match. I assume they want to make sure the car does not consist of the parts of more than one car. Rentas also checks on Aduana's web site to ensure vehicle was properly nationalized. They use numbers, etc from the pedimento to do so.

The pedimento then stays with the car for its' life in the same way a factura of a vehicle bought new, stays with the car for its' life and every subsequent seller signs it off.

Here are a few of the VIN's of the ~90 vehicles I have nationalized and they can be checked on REPUVE: 

1J4GZ78Y2PC639670

JTEHF21A730132208

2C8GP54L61R125828

1GNDT13W62K214701

3GSCL13798S637495

YV1LS55AXX2597835

1J8GN28K68W143585

2HNYD18831H507814

JHLRD68473C017230

http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/ciudadania/   

Cars for example with EDOMEX plates and no pedimento / factura may still be on REPUVE as the fraud is so deep in those processes that someone has access to REPUVE's data base. The people doing this are referred to as Mexican's Mafia.

Browning Pedimento Page 1.jpeg

January 10, 2015 Sonia said:

My process has been the same for 19 months. What I and likely at least a very few others do is we nationalize through an amparo (injunction). In this time I and as noted a few others have legally nationalized cars with no driving to the border. Of the 6 photos required one is in front of an OXXO proving vehicle is in Mexico. Other requirements are scan of title front and back, scan of an utility bill and scan of a MX driver's license front and back. I can nationalize 2009 and older including classics, plus RV's, motorcycles, even boats and most any trailer. At the border normally nothing but cars and nmaybe only the years Spencer noted.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/53745-legalizing-us-car-update-please/&page=2#comment-425153

Archived