Chapala.com Webboard

Ticket Trap/Corner of Wednesday Market/WERE YOU STOPPED/WHY?

3 hours ago, moderator-2 said:

OK folks this is way off the reservation politics wise.  Get back on track please.

Does anyone know at this point what tickets were being handed out?

3 hours ago, moderator-2 said:

OK folks this is way off the reservation politics wise.  Get back on track please.

Does anyone know at this point what tickets were being handed out?

This is getting a bit ridiculous .  This question has been asked multiple times.  I have been following  just so I make sure I am not bending any laws/rules.

12 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I have no personal experience but on an average day, you have emission stickers, cell phones and seat belts.  All of those are visible to a cop.

My bet is that half of the people have something to ticket.  I've sat at the intersection at Salvadors and 1 of 3 people passing are talking on the phone.

As we used to say in the military "It's a target rich environment"

The strange thing is that most locals KNOW that he is there on Wednesdays and just ignore it.  My guess is that he can make more in 2 hours than he can make in a month of salary.

Was he giving out tickets or only threatening? It sounds as if it was the latter in order to get mordida. Everyone states they paid the fine? Need to go to Oxxo or a bank etc in order to do that. I was stopped by one of those guys when I was first down here, he did not have a ticket book and could not give me a ticket. He threatened and also kept saying if I paid it immediately it would only be 200 pesos, if I wanted the ticket it would be 600. I refused and told him to give me the ticket, (for driving the wrong way on the lateral), and finally he sent me on my way.  

19 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

It's not "doing their job" when the primary purpose is to illegally put the little bite on people.

I know this guy. If you bully him back, he will cave. The first step in bullying him is to say "Give me the ticket, and do it now".

I agree with that.  Seems like an opportunist $ situation if the crossing guard is leaving his post and people are left to navigate traffic in crossing.  

I know of quite a few people (elsewhere Lake Chapala) that demanded tickets, and were simply let go without receiving the ticket.. shrugs. One even told the police to tow away his car (as threatened, if he didn't pay up pesos) only to be let go, after saying take the car!

Still no answers (and doubtful there will be), just lots of assumptions as usual, regarding what the stop was related to.  I saw a few gringos and they did have seat belts/hands on wheel/not on phone.  Most of the gringos I know have up to date info (stickers etc). 

Only on here would you see two pages of nada over my stating location of ticket stop.   

Archived