Chapala.com Webboard

Another American Deported

I went to eat at the Chapala American Legion and noticed that Jay, a long time every day customer, had not been there for days. Thinking he might be sick I inquired about him. Seems two INM people took him out of the Legion in handcuffs because he was not here legally. I am not sure what he did to draw attention to himself. They seem to be serious about illegal immigration.

He won't be the last. Mexico is serious about its immigration laws and intends to enforce them. They do not want "free loaders" here. They are selective about who can live here legally.  I think they are doing the correct thing. Agree with pappy: all countries should be serious about illegal immigration.

I think what happened to Jay was payback--the INM targeted the American Legion  to get their trophy--HA--some trophy-an old retiree who wants to finish out his years in peace--(assuming); I'm a retiree in Mexico going on ten years now-I have all my papers ( Mexico & the U.S. ) in order; that's just the way I am. I went through all the hoops; police reports, income requirements, etc.--I bring lots to Mexico ( income, business that employ Mexicans)--People need to understand who butters their bread and leave politics out of it--

On 7/17/2017 at 0:55 PM, AngusMactavish said:

I went to eat at the Chapala American Legion and noticed that Jay, a long time every day customer, had not been there for days. Thinking he might be sick I inquired about him. Seems two INM people took him out of the Legion in handcuffs because he was not here legally. I am not sure what he did to draw attention to himself. They seem to be serious about illegal immigration.

I guess I don't understand........ the U.S. is deporting Mexicans in droves, sometimes breaking up families, due to their illegal status, and you seem to think Mexico is behaving oddly by doing the same thing?

Just now, Natasha said:

I guess I don't understand........ and you seem to think Mexico is behaving oddly by doing the same thing?

A very strange summation of what I reported, so your guess is spot on.

32 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I guess I don't understand........ the U.S. is deporting Mexicans in droves, sometimes breaking up families, due to their illegal status, and you seem to think Mexico is behaving oddly by doing the same thing?

4 minutes ago, Natasha said:

all I meant was deporting of illegals works both ways.......

That's odd.

Archived