Chapala.com Webboard

Pharmacy that writes and fills prescriptions in Ajijic?

jrod

Looking for a pharmacy that has dr/pharmacist on site on a Sunday afternoon to write and fill a prescription for Bactrim DS (generic is fine.)

Waiting till Monday to get into my dr will drive me up and down the wall...

Checking online, Farmacia Guadalajara needs an RX...

TIA!

I know 5 years ago there was such a Dr/pharmacist in San Antonio. He moved to a new location close by perhaps on the south or lake side of the Carretera and there is a good chance he is still there. It's just that I forgot where. Sorry I hope this does not turn into a bad lead.  Good luck.

Doesn't the Ajijic Clinic charge a fee of at least $100 pesos for this service? (which by the way is very reasonable) I thought the pharmacy which had a Doctor on duty in San Antonio charged maybe $20 pesos some ten years ago. So he would probably be charging somewhat more today, I believe.

I think Ajijic clinic charges 300 now. There is a Farmacia in Chapala that doesn't need a prescription. Just take in your old box and they will sell you whatever. But they charge 50 for doing this.

Another pharmacy in Chapala, the one on the south east side of the plaza on Madero and Galeana does not sometimes require a script for antibiotics. It depends who is working (rarely) and if the "doctor" is in. Then the "doctor" without examining you will sell you a script for to the best of my recollection, 30p. Their prices have been the best I could find in Chapala.

4 hours ago, johanson said:

I know 5 years ago there was such a Dr/pharmacist in San Antonio. He moved to a new location close by perhaps on the south or lake side of the Carretera and there is a good chance he is still there. It's just that I forgot where. Sorry I hope this does not turn into a bad lead.  Good luck.

He died a few years ago but I think his daughter is a pharmacist which means she can write prescriptions like any doctor.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

English major. Journalist. Filmmaker. TV writer/director. Book designer. Editor. Dear readers, the word is SCRIP, not script.

Interesting.  Thanks for that information.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

English major. Journalist. Filmmaker. TV writer/director. Book designer. Editor. Dear readers, the word is SCRIP, not script.

script

English

Noun

(wikipedia)(Scripting language) (en-noun)
  • (countable, obsolete) A writing; a written document.
  • Written characters; style of writing.
  • (typography) Type made in imitation of handwriting.
  • (countable, legal) An original instrument or document.
  • (countable) The written document containing the dialogue and action for a drama; the text of a stage play, movie, or other performance. Especially, the final form used for the performance itself.
  • (computing) A file containing a list of user commands, allowing them to be invoked once to execute in sequence.
  • (linguistics) A system of writing adapted to a particular language or set of languages.
  • An abbreviation for a prescription.

http://wikidiff.com/script/scrip

I can toss you back as many links as you can toss; means nothing. Here are two; check the definition for the medical term SCRIP on both of them.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/scrip

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scrip

I would suggest that Merriam-Webster is fairly reliable as a source.

Just trying to keep the language and the use of it proper; a pet peeve, like when an otherwise reputable reporter uses the word PUNDINT instead of pundit.

In my 25 year professional career in the US all of us docs and nurses used the term scrip or scripts in place of the longer prescription in every day speech.

On 7/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Good deeds never go unpunished, especially on this board.........

When my doctor in Guadalajara prescribed an antibiotic (by email to me), I went to Farmacias Benavides located just before you drive into Soriana parking lot in Chapala, paid $60 pesos and the doctor there wrote out a prescription for me based on the email on my phone.   I was able to buy the antibiotic at the Farmacias Benavides - easy peasy!   

2 hours ago, jrm30655 said:

Good deeds never go unpunished, especially on this board.........

Good deeds? Surely you jest? "Just trying to keep the language and the use of it proper;". That dude was not even part of a good discussion that was taking place. Just another one of those "elitists" , better than everyone else and always right about everything. We do not need that here.

10 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

Good deeds? Surely you jest? "Just trying to keep the language and the use of it proper;". That dude was not even part of a good discussion that was taking place. Just another one of those "elitists" , better than everyone else and always right about everything. We do not need that here.

You give no quarter. I care not.

What I'd like to know is if the OP actually got his scrip and got it filled on a Sunday.

ComputerGuy, I had looked up the Farmacia Guadalajara website prior to posting here on Sunday, and it said that I needed a prescription. On a whim, I went in--on my way to find someone to write one for me--and I was told that the dosage I wanted indeed is by prescription BUT they also carry 50% strength without an RX and there is no difference, other than taking 2 smaller pills in place of a larger one.  Who knew and RX issue resolved, in a roundabout way.

Archived