Chapala.com Webboard

Hermelinda - new restaurant on west side of town

REC

Just had breakfast with a group of 11 at Hermelinda which is in the strip center a couple of doors down from Pacifico seafood on the west side of Ajijic - lakeside of the highway.

Small but really nice. Terrific folks running it and everyone in our group was very happy with their meal. Lunch and breakfast menu with plenty of choices and excellent prices. Our meals with coffee or juice averaged around $70 pesos before the tip. Even with our fairly large group and another 10+ people in this small place our food came out in a reasonable amount of time and all at about the same time - hot and fresh. They even managed to keep track of what each of us had ordered and get the right food to the right person. All in all a pretty impressive experience.

We will definitely be back and work our way through the menu. Give it a try!

Hermelinda

Agree totally with REC's review posted above. I will be back to try comida for sure.

HermeLinda is open daily for breakfast and comida, from 9 -3. The menu is in Spanish only but everything is clearly identifiable for those who struggle with the language. Fabiola, who seems to be the main person, has taken a cooking and management course, and it shows. All our orders came out at the same time (GASP!!!), and correctly delivered to the person who placed the order (rather than the usual callout, "¿Huevos divorciados con tocino?") Strong coffee was refilled and refilled without request; juices are fresh-squeezed when you place your order. Fruits were fresh, bacon was crisp, and the plates even had artfully decorated garnish for visual appeal. And the hotcakes were quite good (a rarity in these parts.)

Given the reasonable prices; convenience for West-enders; and pleasant, clean atmosphere, it's almost not worth making breakfast at home. Please give HermeLinda a try!

Just went back for lunch today. Really enjoyed it - again!

People don't all like the same things so one of the great things about this area is that there are plenty of restaurants here so everyone can find choices that work for them. If we all liked the same thing it would be pretty boring,

• 4 weeks later...

I had lunch at Hermelinda when it first opened.  I was very impressed by the friendly and efficient staff, cleanliness,  and the incredible 3D paintings, but not the food. This morning a friend and I went there for breakfast.  The menu was both Mexican favorites and American/Canadian favorites.  The food was very good  and the portions generous.They were serving a mixed client base of  of Mexicans and the foreign community.

I paid 49P for a plate of chilequiles verde, scrambled eggs, frijoles, and delicious toasted bread.

Sadly the wonderful paintings are gone as they were on loan, but the cleanliness, friendly and efficient staff remains the same.  I used the bathroom and it was one of the cleanest I  have seen in a restaurant here. I hate to write such a glowing report as it is a small place and could develop a following that would put a line out the door if it is consistent.

We've been there several times, and we have been impressed. We live on the far west end of Ajijic, and frequently shop at La Huerta, and this place is a welcome find!

Archived