Chapala.com Webboard

Visa processing times

Does anyone know how long it is currently taking to process a Temporary Resident visa in Chapala?  We are in planning to apply in Austin this next week and head back down at the the end of the month.  We just found out we'll need drive back to the U.S. in early September for an unknown period of time.  I was just wondering if they could they could process the visas in four to five weeks?  I heard things have been a little backed up and thought it might just be less hassle if we wait to apply until we know we are going to stay at lakeside longer.

In any event, you will be “en tramite“, in process, and will need to be available to visit INM during the process, and to pick up the visa cards whenever they are available.  It took seven weeks for ours, some time ago.  Meanwhile, you will require the written permission of INM to leave Mexico & have to pay for that letter.  It will permit you to be out of Mexico for no more than 60 days & could further delay your processing, as a result.  It might be better for you to wait to apply, until you can stay in Mexico for the duration of the tramite, however long it may be.  After all, you are applying to be a resident, and they assume that a resident will be available; in residence.

We applied in Chapala in April; it took 9 weeks.  

As far as Guadalajara INM being faster, we were told we had to apply to the INM nearest where we lived and that if we went to Guadalajara with an Ajijic address on the application we would be sent back to Chapala.  

I went into INM to start my Temporal process here on May 8. Got my email yesterday to go have fingerprints done. I'm going in on Monday. someone just posted recently that they got their temporal I think three or four days of being printed. I will post with news.

Add time for summer vacations.

There is no definite time.. Some get it in three weeks others who apply at the same time get it in 10 weeks.. It's a crap shoot with INM.   In your situation I would use a facilitator they are cheaper than most lawyers. I used Veronica who is at LCS on I believe Monday's and Tuesday's, she helped get my permenant visa in 3 weeks, which was very very helpful to me because I needed it to register my car.. I'm not saying she pulled any strings for me because I don't know for sure. But I did get it in 3 weeks.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, dennis clark said:

I went into INM to start my Temporal process here on May 8. Got my email yesterday to go have fingerprints done. I'm going in on Monday. someone just posted recently that they got their temporal I think three or four days of being printed. I will post with news.

went in today with passport and photos, got fingerprinted. They said two weeks out.More later.

Archived