Chapala.com Webboard

Elegante on Constitucion

liquipure

8 hours ago, canmex87 said:

Are you willing to share who are the principals involved with your new restaurant?

Does that really make a difference?  Have you enquired as to who the principals are at every restaurant in Ajijic?  Shouldn't the food and atmosphere be the things that draw you to a dining establishment, not who owns it?

58 minutes ago, suegarn said:

Does that really make a difference?  Have you enquired as to who the principals are at every restaurant in Ajijic?  Shouldn't the food and atmosphere be the things that draw you to a dining establishment, not who owns it?

Thank you for asking about this, Sue. I found the extreme interest in the principals involved in a restaurant odd. I wondered why it would matter so much that the question was even asked a second time. I also wondered if the poster asks who owns each restaurant that opens.

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Thank you for asking about this, Sue. I found the extreme interest in the principals involved in a restaurant odd. I wondered why it would matter so much that the question was even asked a second time. I also wondered if the poster asks who owns each restaurant that opens.

Xenia and Sue, in general I agree with you.  It about the dining experience but another aspect of that might be the owners or operators of an establishment.  They can affect the dining experience in a good or bad way, just sayin.

Now, I would not ask who at first.  I would give the place a try and hope to meet the owners while there.

There are several restaurant operators in Dallas that their name is all I need to hear to give it a try.  True celebrities.

1 minute ago, El Menudo said:

Xenia and Sue, in general I agree with you.  It about the dining experience but another aspect of that might be the owners or operators of an establishment.  They can affect the dining experience in a good or bad way, just sayin.

Now, I would not ask who at first.  I would give the place a try and hope to meet the owners while there.

There are several restaurant operators in Dallas that their name is all I need to hear to give it a try.  True celebrities.

Yes. It is the asking about it before the place even opened (when nothing at all is known about it) that just seems odd. The only time I have seen that question asked has been when there is some controversy.

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Yes. It is the asking about it before the place even opened (when nothing at all is known about it) that just seems odd. The only time I have seen that question asked has been when there is some controversy.

You and I girl, true foodies!

39 minutes ago, gringal said:

It may be odd, but I'll admit that there are few establishments I wouln't patronize, based on who the owner is.  No, I won't put my money where my heart or head isn't.

Nothing wrong with that, I agree with you too.  Been there.

I don't disagree with you, Gringal. I have just never before seen someone ask that question of a restaurant before it even opened. Lately, there has been a string of new restaurants opening and no one has immediately asked who the principals are. 

9 minutes ago, Xena said:

I don't disagree with you, Gringal. I have just never before seen someone ask that question of a restaurant before it even opened. Lately, there has been a string of new restaurants opening and no one has immediately asked who the principals are. 

It has happened in the past; but not recently and, IMO, it probably is nobody's concern unless they have a long rap sheet.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Amazing thread.  Someone asks a simple question of the owners and we have a half page of debate over the question.  Still no actual reviews.

Has anyone eaten there yet? :D

If you look on the first page of this thread MC, you'll see a good review of the restaurant and the food.

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad that this particular thread has become so badly hi-jacked!  Fortunately, although it takes time, you can find a couple of intelligent and informative comments.  The silly ones are just that and are easy to spot.  You'll notice that those authors have a habit of similar drivel throughout this website. Nice place....hopefully they'll do well.....they appear to be trying hard to please...........regardless of who they might be!  Our only "first hand" experience thus far, will see us return.....probably often!

Archived