Chapala.com Webboard

Garden refuse pickup?

Willie

On 7/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, Mainecoons said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the government picks up from restaurants in Chapala but they don't provide that service here.

Based on personal experience this is not the case. We have a restaurant right next to us in Ajijic Centro. Regular trash pickup just like the homes on our block. The owner occasionally has private trash pickup if he has an event or for some other reason has much more trash than usual. But that is his choice and it happens very rarely,

We missed trashed pickup for two days last week - the truck was broken down which can happen anywhere. Since then it looks like we are back to our regular 6 day a week schedule. No problems.

This week there were 4 guys working to make repairs to the cobblestones on our street - municipio employees.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing in Ajijic Is that many of our houses have heliports. I got so tired of some of my rich Mexican neighbors landing their helicopters on my rooftop heliport unannounced  and then wanting to use my elevator and then walking across the street to where they were having a party, that I put solar panels all over mine and it is no longer an attractive landing site for my friends to land.

Yes - some very nice people and homes in Ajijic. The first line of my post indicated the following description of Ajijic was an untruth.

The only method I can see to this madness is that people will get so annoyed with Maincoones and Betty7, that they will start a "Go Fund Me" page to send them to New Mexico.

To see a typical neighborhood in Ajijic, where there is never any garbage left in the street, simply go to www.youtube.com and enter

casa Johanson Ajijic Mexico. 

The heliport is where you see extra solar panels that don't match each other. Other homes shown linked on youtube are much bigger than mine.  Mine is simply an average home in upper Ajijic.  There is one house near me almost 10 times as large as mine. Again mine is average up here on the hill

The elevator shaft is on the lakeside of the house covered with stone tablets while the rest of the house is simply painted

We know who really does not like Chapala, for some reason, and always denigrates it.  Perhaps there are others who know him, and where he lives, making it easier to be sure that services in high complaint areas are......well.....scarce.  ¿Quien sabe?  Puede ser cierto.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm sorry, I guess that one was too subtle for you.  Try this:

Image result for I won you lost cartoons

:D

Boy, you sure complain a lot for a winner. You might take your own advice in that last line up there. From reading your posts I'd say you haven't sucked anything up since you moved here.

Nope Betty not at all.  This thread isn't about the U.S.

It's about how some Chapalans view discussion of our local government and its rather selective delivery of services that they are paid for.

Here's how:

Image result for three monkey cartoon

And here is how some of them view free speech and honest difference of opinion:

Image result for free speech cartoon

:D

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

We know who really does not like Chapala, for some reason, and always denigrates it.  Perhaps there are others who know him, and where he lives, making it easier to be sure that services in high complaint areas are......well.....scarce.  ¿Quien sabe?  Puede ser cierto.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Maybe MC's street is too noisy for the collectors.

Image result for personal attack cartoons

I am waiting to hear something (anything) in this thread about what the complainers are doing about their concerns (besides complaining). They whine about nobody caring about their problems when they are apparently doing nothing about the problems themselves. I have seen suggestions from others on actions that might be taken but the complainers do not follow through and then come back to complain some more. Now, it is somehow the fault of the people who live in Chapala who are doing nothing to try and fix Ajijici's problems. Participating here has been fun but has now become tedious. I will leave you to exercise your freedom of speech by incessant whining and complaining and blaming people who live in Chapala for all the problems you do nothing about.

Can you quote any post on this thread that blames the government problem on the people of Chapala?  No, you can't.  

No, you Chapalans didn't cause this problem but a few of you sure are in denial about it.  Worse, some of you actually seem quite happy that it is happening to Ajijic. 

I find this attitude really interesting when I look back on how your neighbors in San Antonio and Ajijic stepped in to help people in your town initiate and carry out an effective program of graffiti control.  Prior to that, Chapala was the most graffiti blighted town in the area. 

None of you were involved, I notice.  

Tony from San Antonio, the Ajijic Garden Club and yes, me who you hate and attack constantly, spent our time and money cleaning up your town.  I'll wager not a one of you is helping your own neighbors with this to this day.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and what we get is hate speech and gloating over the fact your trash is still being picked up while it piles up over here.

Fortunately, I don't think you, Xena, or the other Chapalans who have posted on this thread, including the long absent RV who somehow feels qualified to comment on something from a thousand miles and years away, are representative of the expat community there or in general.  I prefer to see those people who are out there actually doing something for your town and the area as representative.

You don't know what I am involved in and I wouldn't bother to tell you.  Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

I took another look at your personal attack RV and realized you let slip a rather amazing accusation.  See the bolded part.

I wouldn't even go that far.

Are you suggesting the Chapala government is engaging in reprisals against individuals and neighborhoods they consider to be "high complaint?"  If so, are you accusing the Chapala government of corrupt behavior?

Who do you think they might be retaliating against in Las Salvias?  Along Guadalupe Victoria?  In some parts of central/west Ajijic?

I'm sure we'd all be very interested in what you see here or have experienced when you lived here that leads you to speculate on Chapala government retaliation against individuals and neighborhoods that displease them.

First, take the money that should have been spent on replacing worn out trash trucks and spend it where?

Then when two thirds of the trucks collapse, look at your enemies list, individual or community, and use all those broken trucks as an excuse not to pick up their trash.

This could be quite the involved conspiracy, I can't wait to read more! :D

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Can you quote any post on this thread that blames the government problem on the people of Chapala?  No, you can't.  

No, you Chapalans didn't cause this problem but a few of you sure are in denial about it.  Worse, some of you actually seem quite happy that it is happening to Ajijic. 

I find this attitude really interesting when I look back on how your neighbors in San Antonio and Ajijic stepped in to help people in your town initiate and carry out an effective program of graffiti control.  Prior to that, Chapala was the most graffiti blighted town in the area. 

None of you were involved, I notice.  

Tony from San Antonio, the Ajijic Garden Club and yes, me who you hate and attack constantly, spent our time and money cleaning up your town.  I'll wager not a one of you is helping your own neighbors with this to this day.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and what we get is hate speech and gloating over the fact your trash is still being picked up while it piles up over here.

Fortunately, I don't think you, Xena, or the other Chapalans who have posted on this thread, including the long absent RV who somehow feels qualified to comment on something from a thousand miles and years away, are representative of the expat community there or in general.  I prefer to see those people who are out there actually doing something for your town and the area as representative.

You don't know what I am involved in and I wouldn't bother to tell you.  Have a nice day.

I am not denying you have a problem. I am still waiting to hear what you and the other complainers are doing about it. I see people pulling your pompous leg about your whining but no one expressing joy that parts of Ajijic are having trash collection problems. Seriously MC, I don't know you well enough to hate you, and, trust me, I have not even come close to attacking you. If I did, Mod2, would gleefully suspend or ban me as he has promised to do. Also, you have no idea what I am involved in so we are even. You still have not talked about what you are doing to resolve the issues about which you complain. Trying to change the subject doesn't work. Sorry, not sorry. 

Archived