Chapala.com Webboard

Garden refuse pickup?

Willie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Rancho de Oro it is alternate Thursdays beginning with a R,  We go weeks and weeks waiting and eventually have to pay a gardener to haul it away. That is with it bagged or bundled in 26,8" bundles. They're a pretty useless bunch on our truck.

The guys who pick up the green debris told our gardener that they would not pick up if it was not bundled as it takes too much time..It is the reason why some of the debris is not picked up on our street.. some gardeners to do bundle it so the stuff stays and stays..

On 7/12/2017 at 11:16 AM, bournemouth said:

And they plain don't come to our street where it is all bundled or bagged.  That Christmas tip will have to be rethought.

Don't blame it on the workers.  Blame it on City Hall.  The trash workers can't pick up the trash if all their trucks are worn out and broken down because the money to fix/replace is being stolen and wasted.

On TOB someone posted no trash pickup in Las Salvias for two weeks.  Funny, though, I've yet to see uncollected trash piling up in Chapala.

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Funny, though, I've yet to see uncollected trash piling up in Chapala.

We get daily six day a week pickup. It may be later than normal some days, but it is gone by dark. Isn't it funny that city hall moneys for trash pickup has not seemingly been, "stolen and wasted".

18 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

We get daily six day a week pickup. It may be later than normal some days, but it is gone by dark. Isn't it funny that city hall moneys for trash pickup has not seemingly been, "stolen and wasted".

No, just the part that used to pick up trash outside of Chapala.

Thanks for confirming the rest of us are getting shafted.

14 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I get it twice a week and my friends down the hill 7 and it sure would be interesting if the person constantly accusing the government of stealing would put forth some proof. As to wasting,I defy anyone to name a government that has never wasted a centavo anywhere in entire the world

4 minutes ago, ned small said:

I get it twice a week and my friends down the hill 7 and it sure would be interesting if the person constantly accusing the government of stealing would put forth some proof. As to wasting,I defy anyone to name a government that has never wasted a centavo anywhere in entire the world

Who is messing with my posts and why? I didn't draw that line through a portion of my post and I said person not person.

It looks like you are accidentally hitting the strikeout button.

You should be able to correct on edit.

While you are at it, see if you can connect the news reports of a 50% hike in the City Hall payroll with all the reports, outside of your town of course, of uncollected trash.

Get out of your cocoon and talk with some of the local business people.  They will tell you exactly what is going on.  The money is being siphoned off with the bloated payroll.  Dooh!

While you're at it, why don't you share with us how picking up trash in the favored town 6 days a week while leaving it uncollected elsewhere is the mark of a competent and honest government. 

This situation has gone on for months now.  What is your rationalization for that?  What does it say about competency at a very basic level of this government that has been in office for two years and had to have known about the worn out equipment long since.

This should be interesting.  In any case, the rest of you who aren't in denial about this situation, do not blame your trash workers.  For years they have picked up the trash faithfully.  They can't be expected to pick it up with wheel barrows.

Rant on, I am not convinced. My neighbor, including the American Legion, have no complaints.

Corruption is a given in Mexico, so asking about it would be useless. You, MC, continually claim it has been posted in a newspaper, but ask others to post it. Have I missed a previous post by you with the "evidence"? If so, kindly post a link, but otherwise you have the burden of proof. I am not either convinced or care about the situation over your way.

Once a week in Chapala Haciendas 1,2 and 3. Green pickup once a week. Regular pickup 2 times a week. Very dependable. The non corrupt frac. pays additional money to the trashmen as part of the fees (which are low, and include clean, abundant water, and road/common area maintenance). Maybe you get what you pay for?

Perhaps a simple solution is to pay your gardener to remove the yard trash... Understanding that the government is supposed to pick it up and they are somewhat negligent in their responsibilities, how about using Yankee ingenuity and do it yourself ?... Works for us.... 

36 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

Perhaps a simple solution is to pay your gardener to remove the yard trash... Understanding that the government is supposed to pick it up and they are somewhat negligent in their responsibilities, how about using Yankee ingenuity and do it yourself ?... Works for us.... 

Or even better - hire a private contractor, paid for collectively. Stickers on the bags, or colors of the bags, indicate these are private pay and if City Hall and the Unions don't like it, too bad, they had their opportunity and blew it. This is the way it is done in many towns in the U.S.A. and Canada. Based on the low costs in Chapala Haciendas, I seriously doubt it would be more than $20 U.S. per month, depending on how many stickers you use. The dump is not owned by Chapala, so no problems there. Whining that this is some sort of "right" or "privilege" paid from your miniscule tax dollars is laughable. The stickers should also reflect if the items in the bag are recyclable, therefore a lower sticker cost.

In France, in the town where my mother lives. you are entitle to one small can a week of organic refuse and one of each of the rest  or you have to go to the dump  and  pay the dump for dumping there.. and of course the person who dumps it if you do not go yourself. and they pay a whole lot higher property taxes than we do..  It is ridiculous to expect the city to pick up all the garbage refuse for nothing..

Archived