Chapala.com Webboard

Who to call re garbage pickup

Our block has not had garbage pickup in two weeks as of today.  We look like a garbage dump.  A local service is going to come and collect the basura verde later today and we are paying for that!  Desperate times call for desperate measures!!  The recycling is breeding overnight, I swear,  and the rats are arriving for the household waste.  Any information on a specific name/number to call would be much appreciated.  

Call Chuni Medeles.  He is the Ajijic delegado and was the one to come up with the ridiculous 3 bags of greenery picked up one day a week.

The phone number is 766-1760.

While you are at  it ask him to have a street light replaced on Linda Vista next to casa #5.  We have been asking for 7 weeks with nothing happening.

Since you are paying for basura pick up they will figure they don't have to do anything because once again the foreign community will pay to resolve a problem.the municipality should be taking care of.

Good luck.

49 minutes ago, Metuchenmama said:

Call Chuni Mededeles.  He is the Ajijic delegado and was the one to come up with the ridiculous 3 bags of greenery picked up one day a week.

The phone number is 766-1760.

While you are at  at ask him to have a street light replaced on Linda Vista next to casa #5.  We have been askiing for 7 weeks with nothing happeneing.

Since you are paying for basura pick up they will figure they don't have to do anything because once again the foreign community will pay to resolve a problem.the municipality should be taking care of.

Good luck.

Paying for the green stuff pickup is our little guilty secret.  Don't tell please!  I just can't stand looking at it anymore - off to call Chuni - I'm not holding my breath!!

I saw a large truck of the type not used these days for picking up garbage full of garbage today. So at least they are trying. And I used to complain because they had no garbage pickup on our street and we had to carry our bags first half a block to the East, then one steep block down toward the lake and again around the corner..

We try to compost most of our garbage, but what we drop off is so far from the house that these days I am glad we have to carry it so far. Because there is never any garbage build up on our street.

Archived