Chapala.com Webboard

New lower speed limit on Libramiento

Last time I droe it I thouht I saw 80

maybe it was 60.. I think I saw 40 around the firedepartment but again I go by memory I have not driven it for a ouple of weeks.. so I cold be wrong , no matter what 30 would be silly..

People going downhill would have to have their brakes on the whole way from Chula Vista Norte to the lights.  And good luck on trying to get an eighteen-wheeler going that slow downhill!  Even without having your foot on the gas pedal, no car will coast that slowly down that hill!

14 hours ago, bmh said:

Last time I droe it I thouht I saw 80

maybe it was 60.. I think I saw 40 around the firedepartment but again I go by memory I have not driven it for a ouple of weeks.. so I cold be wrong , no matter what 30 would be silly..

Signs going up the libramiento say 40

18 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

If they're smart they'll put up some cameras and make some serious Pesos.

Making serious pesos would be bad. Anytime any government gets more money it is always stolen or missused, starve 'em. I hope you don't think this "serious pesos" would be used for anything we need like repairing roads, picking up garbage, or faster internet do you?

If necessary, shift down. 

Step 1:  Push that little button on your shifter to turn off overdrive.  That will help. Then....

Step 2:  Shift from N to 2.

When on the flat again, shift up to N and the next time you are on the highway, turn on overdrive and economy mode, if you have them.

If you drive as stick shift vehicle, you know what to do, as you know how to drive.  :)

34 minutes ago, geeser said:

Making serious pesos would be bad. Anytime any government gets more money it is always stolen or missused, starve 'em. I hope you don't think this "serious pesos" would be used for anything we need like repairing roads, picking up garbage, or faster internet do you?

Of course not, I know where it goes. Just curious to see if they are smart enough to see a gold mine when it's right in front of their face! I'm betting not.

32 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Of course not, I know where it goes. Just curious to see if they are smart enough to see a gold mine when it's right in front of their face! I'm betting not.

I've been wondering when the local grafters are going to figure out writing traffic tickets is a gold mine.  It's a long standing racket NOB.  A lot of places fund half the municipal budget that way.

Move to Jocotepec then. They had to lay off all three of their Transitos because of federal budget cuts, because of the drop in oil revenues. Many people there ride golf carts, because the roads are wider and seem to be well constructed.

On the way to the airport 3:30 am  June 4th 2017 large white horse walking down librimento.

thank good my cab driver was going slow and stopped to let him by.

I have already met two other persons who have hit a cows on the way to the airport,

do no drive faster than your headlights allow you to see, otherwise you will be late for your flight if you survive

Not true........some work very hard for their mordidas. I'm thinking of one in particular that loved to stop me every time I went to Tonala.  "sorry I don't speak Spanish"  "no problem, I was born in San Antonio Texas, we can speak English". We eventually agreed that he could stop in anytime for a beer at our BnB but he never did.

Archived