Chapala.com Webboard

More comfortable shoes

I'm getting to the age where my feet would like shoes with more cushioning in the soles. Someone suggested Skechers shoes in Outlet Plaza in Zapopan. I checked it out and they are more comfortable with the foam in the soles. I'm wondering what other options might be available. I don't go NOB so it has to be in this area. Can't be leather as they are too warm for me. What have other men found?

San Antonio Shoe SAS they are the most supportive and nicest fitting shoe I have ever owned. Hand made and all sizes including 3Xwide but not cheap. They have their own retail outlets in Mexico. 3 years old and still have the heel in good condition and haven´t streched out of shape. Great for cobblestone and wet uneven sidewalks.

1 hour ago, Lexy said:

Please, where in San Antonio? Never noticed a shoe store.

The acronym SAS stands for San Antonio Shoes.  I think they got their start in San Antonio, Texas.  

Their store nearest you in Mexico is in Zapopan.
http://www.sasmexico.mx/

Thanks for bringing this up. I have also been looking for Skechers shoes near Lakeside for the comfort and cushioning. My husband and I are moving to Lakeside next year and we've been wearing Skechers NOB with great results. So far, I have found a few Skechers outlets, or other stores which carry Skechers, in Guadalajara listed below or do a search here: http://www.skechers.com.mx/es-mx/direcciones/tiendas.aspx 

Charly Plaza Footwear Gallery  

Dir: Fidias 176 Local 7, Vallarta San Jorge  
  CP: CP 44690  
  Phone: (33) 31 21 63 26  
  Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.  
  Sunday: Sunday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm  
  E-mail: Gdl014@charly.com.mx  
  Charly Morelos Center  

Dir: Av. Morelos 389 Centro  
  CP: CP 44100  
  Phone: (33) 36 14 65 81  
  Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm  
  Sunday: Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm  
  E-mail: Gdl019@charly.com.mx  
  Charly Plaza Independencia  

Dir: Calzada Independencia 3295 Local 5 y 6, Ricardo Flores Magon  
  CP: CP 44300  
  Phone: (33) 36 74 28 25  
  Schedule: Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.  
  Sunday: Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.  
  E-mail: Gdl022@charly.com.mx  
  Charly Plaza Fiesta Arboledas  

Dir: Av. Paseo de la Arboleda 2500 Local 27 Zone G, Rinconada de las Arboledas  
  CP: CP 44950  
  Phone: (33) 36 23 20 74  
  Schedule: Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm  
  Sunday: Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.  
  E-mail: Gdl024@charly.com.mx  
  Charly Forum Tlaquepaque  

Dir: Blvd. Gral. Marcelino García Barragan 2077 Local PB-044, Meadows of the Nile.  
  CP: CP 44840  
  Phone: (33) 36 57 62 76  
  Schedule: Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.  
  Sunday: Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.  
  E-mail: Gdl062@charly.com.mx  
  Skechers Galerias Cristal Guadalajara  

Dir: Av. México no. 3225 Location 22 Vallarta San Jorge  
  Phone: (33) 31 21 71 48  
  E-mail: Tgdl025@charly.com.mx  
  Skechers Outlet South Shoes  

Dir: Av. México no. 3225 Location 22 Vallarta San Jorge  
  Phone: (33) 31 21 71 48  
  E-mail: Tgdl025@charly.com.mx

Where I just bought mine won't help anybody (two pair in Ottawa: buy one, get 50% off next pair), but I can attest as to the comfort level of these guys. They have improved the memory insole since my first pairs two years ago... something about springing back between each step. I used to walk around for maybe a couple of hours in my favourite shoes, and that would tire my feet out. I can walk around in Skechers for five hours or more, and now I am the one who gets tired, but not my feet.

SAS are serious shoes for professionals on their feet all day and often on cement for several hours.  I've used them for about 10 years under the latter conditions and, while not the most attractive, without question.   They are not a widely known shoe except maybe among nurses on their feet all day.   I combine mine with a good orthopedic insert custom made and probably more expensive then the shoe. When comfort is essential I've never found anything better.   SAS - San Antonio Shoes, hand made in San Antonio Texas, give them a google search, you'll be glad you did!

I use Crocs, since they are extremely comfortable, cool, and can be washed in the shower. Not all Crocs are clogs, they have vastly expanded there shoe designs.

http://www.crocs.com/c/men

"These shoes were designed specifically to eliminate plantar pain and achy feet," says Hanson. "They also help people with injured feet, bunionsbunions, and diabetesdiabetes. You've got a lot of inner support, heel cups and massaging heel nubs, and arch support. They're ideal for people with foot problems."

http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/features/crocs-healthy-shoes-just-comfy#1

I always order shoes from Amazon.com.  My favourite manufacturers are Clark's and Skechers.  I've been wearing my Clark's sandals almost every day for three years, walking around Ajijic, and they're still just as comfortable as the day I bought them!

24 minutes ago, suegarn said:

I always order shoes from Amazon.com.  My favourite manufacturers are Clark's and Skechers.  I've been wearing my Clark's sandals almost every day for three years, walking around Ajijic, and they're still just as comfortable as the day I bought them!

Do you have then delivered here lakeside?  Good to know!

7 hours ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

Do you have then delivered here lakeside?  Good to know!

On Amazon, put in your shipping address, your home address,  so when you search for products it will tell you if it ships to MX. It is shipped with DHL.

On the left side of the search page,  click ships to Mexico and click on the seller is Amazon.com. That saves on shipping costs.

Usually, if you order over $65 USD, the shipping is free. Choose the free shipping when you check out. The order will arrive within a week. 

I bought a pair of San Antonio Shoes last year at the SAS store in Plaza del Sol and have found them to be great shoes for walking on cobblestones.  I wear a 13 wide which can be very hard to find in Mexico.

Nice people at that store too.  They had to order the shoes I wanted from their local warehouse and as I didn't feel like driving into Guad again to pick them up I asked them to ship them to me in Ajijic.  They couldn't figure out how to do that so one of the salesladies brought them out to me and delivered them personally. 

I've also bought other SAS shoes on EBay.  Often almost new and at less than half the new price.  I have those shipped to the U.S. address of a local facilitator who then brings them down to me. 

These shoes are so good that to me it's worth a little trouble and expense to get something that really works.

1 hour ago, Joco said:

On Amazon, put in your shipping address, your home address,  so when you search for products it will tell you if it ships to MX. It is shipped with DHL.

On the left side of the search page,  click ships to Mexico and click on the seller is Amazon.com. That saves on shipping costs.

Usually, if you order over $65 USD, the shipping is free. Choose the free shipping when you check out. The order will arrive within a week. 

Thanks, we order from Amazon but haven't ordered shoes yet!  I'll definately do it if others had them arrive with no problems.

One of the SAS stores is in the small shopping center where the Sirloin Stockade is right around the corner from Plaza Galerias Mall.  I am sure the shoes are absolutely wonderful, they must be to cost around 3000 pesos a pair (if I'm not mistaken).  In my first years here I bought quite a few pairs of local Mexican and Walmart brands, usually they would last me 6 months or so before the rubber sole would start cracking.  Later on I discovered the Flexi brand, I believe they are probably the most comfortable and long lasting local shoe brand available in the area.  I have had mine going on two years and they still look great, tennis shoes that is.  After a year the fabric on the upper heel area began to tear and split like usual, so I sent them to the shoe repair in Chapala on Degollado street and they replaced the torn fabric with sewed in leather, for around 50 pesos, and they did an excellent job.  The shoes may last me another 5 years it looks like.  I haven´t been to it yet, but I heard on this forum once that there is a good shoe store in or near the Outlet Mall coming into Guadalajara from Jocotepec that sells unusual and hard to find sizes and they also carry the New Balance brand which is reknown for their comfortability and durability.  Maybe, others will chime in to give more info about that store.

On 7/8/2017 at 10:00 PM, More Liana said:

The acronym SAS stands for San Antonio Shoes.  I think they got their start in San Antonio, Texas.  

Their store nearest you in Mexico is in Zapopan.
http://www.sasmexico.mx/

Are all their shoes leather? It is too warm for me.

On 7/11/2017 at 9:32 AM, cedros said:

Are all their shoes leather? It is too warm for me.

Cedros, SAS also sells mesh shoes for men--like walking or running shoes.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:02 PM, bournemouth said:

Cedros - check out the Flexi store on the plaza in Ajijic - they have mens shoes but I didn't check them out other than to note they have them to a fairly high size,  12 - 13 I seem to remember.

What width are the women's Flexi? They don't list widths so I assume they are all the same width, probably a B width, is that correct?

Archived