Chapala.com Webboard

Frida

FlyFree

I used to occasionally drive from Chapala to Jocotepec Centro just for Frieda's bacon sandwich and fried potatoes. Have done it for years and never was disappointed. I hope they are able survive the relocation to the much larger venue. I will give them a bit more time and then give the new location a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I live near Jocotepec, and Frida's is one of my VERY favourite lunch destinations. Have eaten too many times to count at the original location, and five times now at the new location (including today). I am just TICKLED PINK to have this restaurant so close to me. The service I've received in their new location has been faultless...and the sandwiches and salads...consistently deLIGHTful! Frida's will continue to be a favourite of mine...SUCH a treat not to have to drive into Ajijic for a great lunch. 

I talked to a friend last week and she mentioned having gone to the new Frida's. She said they went the first week they were opened at the new location. They opened the new place on Monday, July 3, and she went that Thursday. She said lunch was spectacular as always. She loved it as we always have. Menu, food, and service was the same as always. I hope people will give Herman a chance. 

On July 19, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Xena said:

I talked to a friend last week and she mentioned having gone to the new Frida's. She said they went the first week they were opened at the new location. They opened the new place on Monday, July 3, and she went that Thursday. She said lunch was spectacular as always. She loved it as we always have. Menu, food, and service was the same as always. I hope people will give Herman a chance. 

I love the placebut now that they are open for dinner I wish they had a dinner menu.

I thought the new location was at the hotel pescador in west Ajijic. Turned out it's still in jocotepec in an old hotel with a similar name. 

Personally I don't think the new location is going to help get new business because it has poor visibility but I could be wrong. The place however was much more spacious and it has an atmosphere. 

The food and service were very good and you get a lot of food for the prices they charge. 

I wish they were closer to Ajijic as we don't have anything similar here. 

If the owners read this they may need to update their google presence with the new location and hours. (And no it's not just your facebook page) 

On 7/29/2017 at 4:09 AM, Crazydog said:

I thought the new location was at the hotel pescador in west Ajijic. Turned out it's still in jocotepec in an old hotel with a similar name. 

Personally I don't think the new location is going to help get new business because it has poor visibility but I could be wrong. The place however was much more spacious and it has an atmosphere. 

The food and service were very good and you get a lot of food for the prices they charge. 

I wish they were closer to Ajijic as we don't have anything similar here. 

If the owners read this they may need to update their google presence with the new location and hours. (And no it's not just your facebook page) 

So are you saying the place is still in Joco or East of fish restaurants in San Juan Cosala...amazing we seem to folks with conflicting locations...you would think people would know where they went for a meal!!!!!

Archived