Chapala.com Webboard

MANUEL GORDON HOWATT - MISSING

His family has not heard from him for a month. He was living in La Floresta when I knew him but he is apparently no longer there. He is 89 years old and probably should be in some form of care facility. If anyone knows where he is please contact his son Roy Howatt at survco@aol.com or 001 805 966 7300

Thanks

Dave

A photo sure would help for those of us who forget names easily. Trouble is as we get older we don't have Facebook etc. (My younger relatives forced me to have Facebook)

I hope everything turns out well.

He came in my office a couple of weeks ago to chat as he does ocasionally. He seemed fine. Mentioned he was going back to Canada soon but I didn't catch the timing on that. And more recently I saw him walking in Ajijic close to Gossips in the last week. If I see him again I'll try to get him in contact with his family...

Hi folks I'm his only son Roy Gordon Howat. Thanks you for letting me know he is OK but tell him to contact his family with a phone number and an actual address in case of emergencies. He is about 5'7" and very thin about 130 Lbs. with pale blue eyes. I haven't seen him myself in 15 years so I have no recent photo.  He is very out going and talkative.  I was very concerned when he moved down their on his own but he seems to be very happy with the area and even though I thought it was nuts he did it anyway. It seems to have changed his spirt in a positive way. Maybe I will have to come down and see what it is that is so special thier. 

7 minutes ago, royhowat said:

Hi folks I'm his only son Roy Gordon Howat. Thanks you for letting me know he is OK but tell him to contact his family with a phone number and an actual address in case of emergencies. He is about 5'7" and very thin about 130 Lbs. with pale blue eyes. I haven't seen him myself in 15 years so I have no recent photo.  He is very out going and talkative.  I was very concerned when he moved down their on his own but he seems to be very happy with the area and even though I thought it was nuts he did it anyway. It seems to have changed his spirt in a positive way. Maybe I will have to come down and see what it is that is so special thier. 

Excellent idea!

As John McDermott sings

And suddenly when it happened

There was so much left unsaid

The minutes fly

The years go by

The father and his son

And I miss him

The old man

"The Old Man"

5 hours ago, royhowat said:

Hi folks I'm his only son Roy Gordon Howat.  I haven't seen him myself in 15 years so I have no recent photo.  Maybe I will have to come down and see what it is that is so special thier. 

My first thought about what is so special here is : Your Father.

Judging by that description, I talked to this man on the bus about two weeks ago.  He was getting off at Sunrise and said he lived in that area.  Was doing just fine.  He volunteered that his family thinks he's nuts to be here.  He always has a big backpack, and was getting around without trouble.  I saw him this week at LCS but didn't speak to him.

3 hours ago, Hud said:

My first thought about what is so special here is : Your Father.

Beautiful sentiment Hud!

Hi Folks we still have not gotten any contact with Manuel Gordon Howat its been 6 weeks, If any of you see him will you please tell him to contact his family. He does seem to get around just fine but but he is 89 years old and needs to be more responsible while he is living in a foreign country. He is a retired Psychology professor from Canada . Hey pappysmarket I dare you to ask him what the clinical definition of nuts is and then set your watch! 

For god's sake, why these snarky remarks? Father-son things don't always go smoothly, but there is a show of concern here by the son who's trying to track down his father and see if he's ok.

Lexy

1 hour ago, Lexy said:

For god's sake, why these snarky remarks? Father-son things don't always go smoothly, but there is a show of concern here by the son who's trying to track down his father and see if he's ok.

Lexy

What do you expect from a bunch of bored old people?  

Thanks for putting things into proper perspective Lexy!

Archived