Chapala.com Webboard

Other person bring in Permanente's U.S. Auto?

As noted above if it is in his name and then she can drive it too including when he is not in the vehicle.

I would carry article 106 in the vehicle. It is on my web site here: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/vehicles.html

Article 106 should be in every foreign plated car.

He can temporarily import it showing his birth cert and both can drive it

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

He can do this without being named on the title?

In all the years and cars I have brought in, I have never been asked for a title. A registration is all the Banjercito agent needed. On the highway I have been asked only for my driver's license.

4 hours ago, Sonia said:

As noted above if it is in his name and then she can drive it too including when he is not in the vehicle.

I would carry article 106 in the vehicle. It is on my web site here: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/vehicles.html

Article 106 should be in every foreign plated car.

Article 106 states : The vehicles may be driven in the national territory by the importer, his spouse, his ancestors, descendants or brothers, even if they are not foreigners, by an alien who has any of the conditions of stay referred to in this subsection, or by a Mexican National, provided that in the latter case, any person authorized to drive the vehicle is on board and the vehicle may make multiple entries and exits.
The vehicles may be driven in the national territory by the importer, his spouse, his ancestors, descendants or brothers, even if they are not foreigners, by an alien who has any of the conditions of stay referred to in this subsection, or by a Mexican National, provided that in the latter case, any person authorized to drive the vehicle is on board and the vehicle may make multiple entries and exits.

Sonia, or Intercasa: What does that mean about the vehicle may make MULTIPLE ENTRIES AND EXITS. Does that mean that while the TIP is valid, the driver could go to Texas, stay a few days, then return and enter Mexico again with the same TIP(as some here have continued to maintain has been true for years) ?

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

In all the years and cars I have brought in, I have never been asked for a title. A registration is all the Banjercito agent needed. On the highway I have been asked only for my driver's license.

That was our experience as well but at least in the case of Texas, the names that are on the title are the same ones on the registration.

Jim.... yes.

You can cross daily until your TIP expires as those at the border do not care if you have or have not a TIP. The northern border that is. The Guatemala and Belize people will show you their regulations that their's is not a multiple entry one. Only in the interior is the TIP important.

14 hours ago, Sonia said:

Sonia if she has a permanente, she can drive a US plated car??? I thought it was not allowed to drive a US car with a permanente?

8 hours ago, bezerk said:

Sonia if she has a permanente, she can drive a US plated car??? I thought it was not allowed to drive a US car with a permanente?

Yes, if the vehicle is that is of a family member (and not just immediate family) who is a tourist or a Temporary Resident. That is why some couples have one become a PR and the other in whose name is the car becomes a TR.

Same applies to a Mexican national as they can legally drive their spouse's vehicle as long as the spouse is a tourist or TR. The person, in whose name is the TIP does not need to be in the vehicle.

A Mexican national who is not family needs the permit holder in the car. This includes bell hop, friends, mechanic, etc.

Article 106: Los vehículos podrán ser conducidos en territorio nacional por el importador, su cónyuge, sus ascendientes, descendientes o hermanos, aun cuando éstos no sean extranjeros, por un extranjero que tenga alguna de las condiciones de estancia a que se refiere este inciso, o por un nacional, siempre que en este último caso, viaje a bordo del mismo cualquiera de las personas autorizadas para conducir el vehículo y podrán efectuar entradas y salidas múltiples.

The vehicles may be driven in the national territory by the importer, his spouse, his ancestors, descendants or brothers, even if they are not foreigners, by an alien who has any of the conditions of stay referred to in this subsection, or by a Mexican National, provided that in the latter case, any person authorized to drive the vehicle is on board and the vehicle may make multiple entries and exits.

Archived