Chapala.com Webboard

My wife completed all steps for Mexican citizenship

Every few months and years....the rules and requirements have changed as has the final costs.

We want to thank Intercasa for help on the paperwork and translations and many of our Mexican friends for their help and influence to get past the difficulty understanding the language test from an official who can't be understood in any language and certainly not Spanish and for breaking thru the red tape.

Our most important advice is to bring every piece of paper concerning you as you can think of...ignore what they tell you to bring....BRING more and hope it is enough!

Anyone that has any questions about any part of the process....ask....just remember that what I tell you this week may not be correct in the future. This was a long road for Barbara and I am thrilled that she completed the trip.

Fred Habacht

Felicidades, Barbara! from one Mx cuidadana to another! And I'm sure Fred is right when he says things change all the time. It was a very different ball game 12 years ago when we started, and would not have a clue how to begin now.

I did everything that I had done before and most of that is wrong or different now. None of it is easier or less expensive.

The necessary trip to Mexico City, which is now required, is a waste of your time and pesos. The need to change some of your paperwork that exceeds 90 days since being produced...silly......some agents require your current and old expired passports and some understand that only your most recent two years matters......

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Since you do not have to take the test now it is easier, actually it is not difficult if you speak Spanish . The trip to Mexico is a requirement like it or not.. Compare to what you have to do in France or in the US this is a piece of cake.

Archived