Chapala.com Webboard

Cat transportation needed from Canada

Found the perfect long-haired cat for me, but he's in Victoria!  Is there anyone who might be able to bring him down soon?  I'd of course reimburse any expense.  The cat is one of 50 being transferred form the overcrowded Prince Albert ASPCA to Victoria.  If it's possible to do this, please call Priscilla at 766-3493.

Picking out a cat or dog long distance can be iffy. You don't get to meet the cat and see if you connect. Have you looked at the shelter cats here at Friends of Animals and Anita's? You might want to try that first.

1 of my 3 cats that I adopted has long hair. I got it at the Lakeside animal shelter

Between 1997 and 2003 I would travel with my small dog in a container under my seat to and from Guadalajara (GTA). Because I lived half way between Vancouver BC and Seattle, I would fly in or out of both depending upon the cheapest or best connection.

I do not know if this is still allowed.

Max the Maine Coon mutt came from Jocotepec rescue.  He has plenty of long hair which he enjoys scattering everywhere in our home despite frequent brushings by his "mother" my esposa.

I would never try to bring a cat here without accompanying them.  The airlines are notorious for mishandling pets and you need to pay very close personal attention to the requirements for bringing the cat, such as the vet certifications which now include parasite certifications.

However if you are able to drive the cat in, life is far simpler.  You'll want to have the required vet certifications but most likely they won't take a second look at the pet at the land crossings, particularly the less traveled ones.

Please try very hard to give a home to one of the "locals" as they don't have near the chance for one here as they do NOB.  In our case, Max is without doubt one of the very best pets we've ever had the pleasure of being owned by.

9 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Max the Maine Coon mutt came from Jocotepec rescue.  He has plenty of long hair which he enjoys scattering everywhere in our home despite frequent brushings by his "mother" my esposa.

I would never try to bring a cat here without accompanying them.  The airlines are notorious for mishandling pets and you need to pay very close personal attention to the requirements for bringing the cat, such as the vet certifications which now include parasite certifications.

However if you are able to drive the cat in, life is far simpler.  You'll want to have the required vet certifications but most likely they won't take a second look at the pet at the land crossings, particularly the less traveled ones.

Please try very hard to give a home to one of the "locals" as they don't have near the chance for one here as they do NOB.  In our case, Max is without doubt one of the very best pets we've ever had the pleasure of being owned by.

She didn't say the cat would be unaccompanied. She asked for someone to bring him with them. And since she's here and the cat is in Canada, driving is not an option in her case!

Also please note she's already tried several times locally and has not found the cat she wants. Please try to stay on topic!

Archived