Chapala.com Webboard

Need a car rental

Denise,

Mark lives in Brisas, same as we do. Main road, not sure of address. We have known him for over 10 years and any long time residents will know him. His cars are used and less expensive than other places, usually. 

I personally highly recommend Antonio Regalado from San Antonio Tlayacapan. His cars are mostly japanese   and reliable. Reasonable rates too. I just rented a whole month last month. His number is :331-804-8070. He speaks fluent english and used to be from Seattle, Washington before.

It depends on what you want the car for...if it's just to run around town with the odd trip to Guad Ron Young in Chapala rents VW's which would do the trick, You won't beat his price, but if your going on longer trips you need something better than Ron has to offer.

sorry have Ron's phone number but I'm sure others on this board do.

23 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

It depends on what you want the car for...if it's just to run around town with the odd trip to Guad Ron Young in Chapala rents VW's which would do the trick, You won't beat his price, but if your going on longer trips you need something better than Ron has to offer.

sorry have Ron's phone number but I'm sure others on this board do.

Ron Young - 765 6387 - if he does not answer, leave a message - he calls back.

15 hours ago, Denise said:

Have you met Mark? If you have can you describe him for me? Does he have a partner?

Yes, I met Mark several times before I bought my new car a couple of years ago.  He does not have a partner but has people he uses to drop off and pick up cars.  His English accent is unmistakeable.  His cars are insured.   He will give you a price list for all the various types and sizes of cars he has and you can choose.

I have used S/S Auto.   I know their cars are in great shape and that they are legally insured and up to  date on any requirements be it government, mechanical or otherwise.  If I have a problem one call to S/S and its promptly addressed.    There may be cheaper places but I want the peace and comfort of knowing my behind is covered.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:28 PM, exyyz said:

Yes, I met Mark several times before I bought my new car a couple of years ago.  He does not have a partner but has people he uses to drop off and pick up cars.  His English accent is unmistakeable.  His cars are insured.   He will give you a price list for all the various types and sizes of cars he has and you can choose.

Mark uses a gentleman named Jaime to handle the rentals.  If you email Mark at the address given you will get a response from Jaime.

On 7/7/2017 at 2:38 AM, bdlngton said:

Mark uses a gentleman named Jaime to handle the rentals.  If you email Mark at the address given you will get a response from Jaime.

Yes, I did get a reply from Jaime. Jaime ,also, sold us a car, that's why we need a rental. This car broke down five days later. The mechanic said that he doctored the car to disguise the engine problems and he was surprised it lasted five days. We had it checked out by two mechanics before we purchased it and they didn't see anything glaringly wrong, but they had no idea what was inside the engine. 

Now, the problem is that on the paperwork it has Mark's name. Actually,Jaime signed Mark's name,in front of my husband. So we are planning on taking legal action but want to talk make Mark aware that he is going to be involved because his name is all over the paperwork. 

If your looking for a cheap rental call Ron Young.  When my car broke down a few years age it took 3 weeks to get the parts so I rented from Ron.. They are VW bugs.. they get you around..  They are fully insured and reasonably priced...if you need a long term rental...

Archived