Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a couple to take 3 dogs to Vancouver from Ajijic

Hi. I'm looking for a couple flying to Seattle or Vancouver in the next few weeks that would be willing to take 3 dogs with them in the belly of the plane. 2 small dogs and 1 large. I am prepared to pay $500 cdn for this service. The dogs would need to be driven by cab (van) to airport, check in is 3 hours before and I would be waiting on the Vancouver side to take them. I do have someone to help organize their crates and vaccine info in Ajijic. If you are interested, please get back to me asap

Thank you

6 minutes ago, doglady said:

Hi. I'm looking for a couple flying to Seattle or Vancouver in the next few weeks that would be willing to take 3 dogs with them in the belly of the plane. 2 small dogs and 1 large. I am prepared to pay $500 cdn for this service. The dogs would need to be driven by cab (van) to airport, check in is 3 hours before and I would be waiting on the Vancouver side to take them. I do have someone to help organize their crates and vaccine info in Ajijic. If you are interested, please get back to me asap

Thank you

Please be sure to check on pet embargoes. Because of the summer heat the airlines will not take pets in cargo if the connecting city is over 85 degrees. Volaris flies nonstop to Seattle from GDL 3 times a week. No embargo as there is no connection. I flew some dogs up to Seattle 3 weeks ago. No problems. Cost per dog on Volaris is $99usd. Each dog must have their own crate. Is the $500cdn in addition to you paying for all the health certificates, crates and airfare? Do you have someone to get all the health certificates?it only takes one person to do this...does not need to be a couple. I took 7 dogs and was alone.  If someone is going it is very easy as long as you have their health certificate and shot records. Much easier then flying a pet into GDL which has outrageous requirements. U.S. Is very easy and lenient.

Hope you find someone. 

I am trying to organize from Vancouver and its very difficult on this end. Thanks for the reminder of the embargo.I'll check with Volaris and see what they say. If I ship without someone flying with them its virtually impossible...I need to get into freight forwarders etc etc, so ideally the dogs can go with someone heading here already (Vancouver is first choice as Seattle is starting to be a long drive)

Thanks

Sunwing is a Canadian tour operator and charter airline.  Their flights operate in usually 7 and 14 day rotations with departures from Canada which can be sold in conjunction with a package holiday to the south.  You would have to contact them to see if they would sell a return flight originating in Mexico.  They might if it's a light load.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:54 PM, exyyz said:

Sunwing is a Canadian tour operator and charter airline.  Their flights operate in usually 7 and 14 day rotations with departures from Canada which can be sold in conjunction with a package holiday to the south.  You would have to contact them to see if they would sell a return flight originating in Mexico.  They might if it's a light load.

I contacted them, and they replied very quickly. NO bookings are accepted from this side. Only flights originating from /returning to Canada.  Oh well..... nice idea while it lasted!

3 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Westjet also flies that NS.

Yes, they do.... but mysteriously they do NOT fly direct to Vancouver in the summer.... only to Calgary (and maybe Edmonton). Would have gone that route but diverting to Calgary first made  way too long a trip overall.

Archived