Chapala.com Webboard

Herme Linda in La Huerta plaza

JayBearII

This place is next door to La Huerta grocery store on the far west end of Ajijic. We've been there twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. Not only was the food fresh and good but also the service was prompt. This place is open Tues thru Saturday 9:00 to 3:30, Sunday 9:00 to 1:30, closed Monday. This morning we had (respectively) an omelette with mushrooms and cheese, excellent hash browns and coffee; chilaquiles with refried beans and hot chocolate. The bill was 133 pesos. Lunch the other day was similarly good and inexpensive. Beer and wine is available--they get it for you from the market next door! It's a small place with five tables.

I had fajitas there for lunch the other day.The place was spotlessly clean, the service prompt and the servers pleasant.   The art work on the walls is for sale and is  truly different. and interesting.  Unfortunately the fajitas were without much taste. 

Since you seem to have enjoyed the food I might try it again.  We need a casual local restaurant so I would like to to like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed my breakfast last Sunday so I decided to go back for lunch today. Really enjoyed my lunch and want to try other things on the menu. Not a fancy place but I enjoyed my lunch very much and will definitely be going back. Spotless, good food, prompt service and delightful staff.

Archived