Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara to Ajijic bus time needed

Hi, 

Does anyone know what times the Guadalajara to Ajijic bus goes, the direct one? I seem to remember that its every hour but not sure at what time exactly. I need to take one around 10am on a Wednesday.

Is there a website with the bus timetable?

Thanks

Which direction will you be going?  From Guadalajara to Ajijic, or the other way around?  If you're leaving from Ajijic to Guad, then the Directo bus usually arrives at the carreterra and Colon around 30 minutes after the hour, and arrives at Black Coffee on the Libramiento around 45 minutes past the hour.  Of course, these are approximate times, depending on traffic.

8 hours ago, gdl80 said:

Leaving the old bus station in Guadalajara to Ajijic in the morning. Thanks

Sorry, I've never taken one going in that direction.  I'm afraid I can't help you with this.  Is there a bus schedule at the old bus station, or someone that you could ask there?

The buses from the ld statin in Guadalajara leave every hour one on the hour and the other on the half hour.. I forget which is which .. One bus goes to jocotepec via the libremiento and the other to Chapala. If you want to go to Ajijic take a bus directin San Juan or Jocotepec from Chapala. The bus that leaves for Jocotepec can stop anywhere in Ajijic but you have to tell them at which corner you want to get off.

From Tlaquepaque you can also go to Alamo to take the Chapala or Jocotepec bus.. I cannot tell you how to take a bus to Alamo which is very close..as I take a cab to the central vueja in Guadalajara and go from there.. I would think the people at your hotel should be able to tell you how to get to Ajijic..

I'm booking a dentist appointment in Ajijic and coming from zapopan (not staying in hotel). I'm booking the dentist before I arrive in Mexico because its a popular dentist and I want to make sure we get an appointment while in Mexico.

However coming from Zapopan on bus takes some gooding planning to ensure  we get to Ajijic on time. for appointments. 

I know theres a nice air conditioned direct bus that bypasses chapala altogether but its only every hour rather than every half hour as the chapala buses go. 

I'll try calling  a number I found online to see the timetable for it.

Thanks for help guys. 

If not missing an important appointment is important, I would suggest a taxi. Yes they cost more but if you miss your appointment.......

Archived