Chapala.com Webboard

I need to change pesos into US dollars. Does anyone know where I can do this? 

I was thinking that there is a place on the carraterra here in Ajijic, but not sure if I remember that correctly.

Thank you.

Multiva up beside the Post Office and Lety's car rentals, sort of across the highway from what is now Actinver banking. Just east of Clinica Ajijic at the corner of Javier Mina. You will have to get a user number first, so ask at reception, but it doesn't take long.

Yes, good one. Beside the Oxxo on the Ajijic central highway. Again, ID will be needed. And in truth, probably a faster choice.

To find the actual Bank of Mexico Exchange rate for the day, go to http://www.banxico.org.mx/  It won't be the instant spot rate for that second, but for all of the day. (It might change at noon, I cannot remember)  I am told, but do not know that this is the official exchange rate given on the day a house sells in a listing price in US dollars and not Mexican.  I am sure they do the same for many other countries, but again do not know.

The actual rate you may get will be slightly less (or paying slightly more) than what the rate is because the business making the exchange needs to charge a fee, hopefully small.