Chapala.com Webboard

Eye glass place by Telmex

I will be getting  a new RX from Dr. Rios for new glasses.

Has anyone used the place by Telmex to buy frames and have a prescription filled.  Would appreciate any comments and if someone has their phone # would appreciate that info also.

Muchas gracias.

Too bad you went to Rios. He had my prescription wrong-it took 3 tries before he got it close. It took them a month to provide me with glasses that were pretty close to being right. Don't bother with the place by Telmex-pretty amateurish-go to Costco. 

Excellent frames from my guy, but not a big choice. (edit) Optica Cardona on the way into Chapala from the direction of the curves. He has also fitted many pairs of frames I brought with me from Canada with new lenses.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:09 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Excellent frames from my guy, but not a big choice. Optica Cordoba on the way into Chapala from the direction of the curves. He has also fitted many pairs of frames I brought with me from Canada with new lenses.

It's actually Optica Cardona,Jose Cardona, and he is in the block just east of  Spencer on Hidalgo.

edit July 4:Just learned that Jose has closed shop in Chapala but still has an office in Guadalajara

18 hours ago, windstar said:

Bought two pair from them.  Their prices were low. Frames basically fell apart within 3 months.  Nose pieces came off, hinges fell apart, lenses fell out.  Will go to Costco next time.

Do you have their phone #?

Gracias.

18 hours ago, windstar said:

Bought two pair from them.  Their prices were low. Frames basically fell apart within 3 months.  Nose pieces came off, hinges fell apart, lenses fell out.  Will go to Costco next time.

My experience with the place near Telmex in Ajijic was very different.  I'm still wearing the glasses I bought from them over two years ago.  They also did a much better eye exam than the opthalmologist who prescribed lenses I couldn't even use because of blurriness.

However, if you enjoy the trip to Costco, by all means........go there! ;)

2 minutes ago, gringal said:

My experience with the place near Telmex in Ajijic was very different.  I'm still wearing the glasses I bought from them over two years ago.  The also did a much better eye exam than the opthalmologist who prescribed lenses I couln't even use.

However, if you enjoy the trip to Costco, by all means........go there! ;)

me too. 

Archived