Chapala.com Webboard

'Mule' Bringing Prescription Drugs

Has anyone had their own experience with someone bringing prescription drugs from Canada to them?  I am having visitors and would like them to bring a blood pressure script with them.  Looking only for answers to my question, nothing off topic or opinions please.  

Love your disclaimer....so to speak....it is so tiresome to have topics get personal, rude and off topic!!  Better monitoring should be in effect.

Good Luck.....it should work, I have had RX brought down too.  Just tuck them away, no questions asked...don't ask, don't tell!!!!!   smile

Obviously if the person has not been stopped then there are no problems.

Let's hear from a mule who was stopped, had to declare, and what was the outcome.

The person crossing the border is entitled to bring his own prescribed medications, with the prescription and labels in his own name.  Bringing them in for another person might result in a smuggling charge......serious!

Pappy makes a very salient point;  No answers yet?

18 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

The person crossing the border is entitled to bring his own prescribed medications, with the prescription and labels in his own name.  Bringing them in for another person might result in a smuggling charge......serious!

Pappy makes a very salient point;  No answers yet?

Yeah, they probably have limited internet access in prison.

Could one of the reasons that some people move to Mexico be that they are told how easy it is for extranjeros to break Mexican laws and do as they please, thus keeping many things less expensive than in other countries? Or, maybe they are tired of having to do things legally where they are coming from and are excited by the "ease" with which people seem to get away with breaking Mexican laws?

1 hour ago, Hud said:

Could one of the reasons that some people move to Mexico be that they are told how easy it is for extranjeros to break Mexican laws and do as they please, thus keeping many things less expensive than in other countries? Or, maybe they are tired of having to do things legally where they are coming from and are excited by the "ease" with which people seem to get away with breaking Mexican laws?

So you think people move down here so they can break the law ?   Seriously ?? 

Not too long ago there was a story in the local press of a young lady coming to PVR and she had some meds for someone in her family who had all come down ahead of her. She was caught and was not allowed to enter the country and was immediately sent back by air. Sure ruined the family vacation.

Let's not criticize and, instead, try to help.  Bringing medications down to help someone harms no one. For a true crime to be committed, there must be a victim.  Governments pass laws and make things a crime, which are not, because there is no victim. How convenient for them.

The OP asks how to get this done about and was not asking opinions or approval on what he wishes to accomplish.

I have brought medications for my spouse with no problem.  I have been fortunate enough to always get the green light at the airport.  I don't know what would happen if I got the red light and was asked about the prescriptions.  I would just plan to be prepared with the original script and bottle and hope common sense prevails if it's a reasonable amount of meds. 

We don't get to make the laws here nor decide how they are enforced. I would never tell someone they shouldn't mule something for someone else, it's none of my business. Knowing what could happen helps people make informed choices.

We all tend to think we can talk our way out of any situation that we decide is reasonable. Some can and some can't.

We're still waiting to hear from someone who was stopped to hear what happened. Hearing from people who did not get a red light is pretty much a forgone story, no?

9 hours ago, sanditoes said:

Has anyone had their own experience with someone bringing prescription drugs from Canada to them?  I am having visitors and would like them to bring a blood pressure script with them.  Looking only for answers to my question, nothing off topic or opinions please.  

A friend refilled an Rx for me about a year ago at a Walmart, it was 90 pills. She was more comfortable putting them in an empty vitamin bottle. They were driving. No problem.

We can probably all agree that the chance of getting caught is low. What actually has happened to those who were not so lucky and got caught is the scenario that so far nobody has addressed.

3 hours ago, sanditoes said:

To those that replied with their own experiences, thanks.  And to those that once again, hijack a topic and offer up their opinion that do not address the question, well.............don't you have anything better to do with your time?

If this board frustrates you, you might want to contact the Admin and ask for a tryout for a Mod position.

One of us has been stopped, daughter bringing mine and wife's, wife bringing mine or me bringing hers. All original packaging and never a glance. 

Michael, not helpful. That is just the long standing prohibition for sinus and allergy meds that have that ingredient for making meth.

On June 29, 2017 at 6:55 PM, sanditoes said:

To those that replied with their own experiences, thanks.  And to those that once again, hijack a topic and offer up their opinion that do not address the question, well.............don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Of course you don't want to hear what might happen.. You don't want to scare off any potential mules..  So if they do get stopped and thrown in to jail for smuggling a banned substance will you offer to trade places with them...?

Archived